Robin Y. Wood, Ed.D., RN
Maloney Hall 268
- Ed.D. - Boston University
- CETN - Emory University
- M.S. - Boston University
- B.S.N. - University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Breast cancer screening and early detection: intervention programs with high-risk populations (older and minority women); breast cancer risk appraisal; education intervention using high fidelity simulation and human patient simulators
Dr. Wood is an Associate Professor, Teacher of Record for Health Assessment Across Lifespan, and previously Director of the Learning Resource Centers in the School of Nursing. In her faculty role as Associate Professor, Dr. Wood is the Teacher of Record for the undergraduate course Health Assessment Across the Lifespan. In her Learning Resource Center role, she directed issues related to curriculum, development, staffing, scheduling, purchasing and maintenance of equipment in the Learning Resource Centers. Her research interests include instructional design in collegiate nursing laboratories as well as design of programs to promote health maintenance and cancer surveillance in vulnerable populations. She has completed funded research projects for private, state and federal agencies including the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and NIH/National Cancer Institute. Dr. Wood was Principal Investigator for NIH/NCI Small Business Innovation Research Phase I & II grants to design ethnically sensitive breast health interventions for older women. Additionally she was the Principal Investigator for a Susan G. Komen grant through Brigham and Women's Hospital/Partners Healthcare. That project explored breast cancer risk appraisal among elderly women. She is a frequent speaker at national and international conferences and publishes in a number of nursing and health profession journals.
- Wood, R. Y., & Della-Monica, N. (2014). Breast cancer threat appraisal: Design and psychometric analysis of a new scale for older women. International Journal of Older People Nursing, 9(2). doi: 10.1111/opn.12054
- Wood, R.Y., & Toronto, C.E. (2012). Measuring critical thinking dispositions of novice nursing students using human patient simulators. Journal of Nursing Education, 51, 1-4.
- Wood, R.Y., & Della-Monica, N. (2011). Psychosocial Factors Influencing Breast Cancer Risk Appraisal Among Older Women. Qualitative Health Research, 21(6), 785-795.
- Wood, R.Y & Della-Monica, N. (2006). Promoting breast health: Older women’s perceptions of an innovative intervention. International Journal of Older People Nursing, 1(2), pp 75-84.
- Wood, R.Y., Giuliano, K., Bignell, C., & Pritham, W. (2006). Assessing cognitive ability in research: Use of MMSE with minority populations and elderly adults with low-education levels. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 32(4), 45-54.