Catherine Yetter Read, PhD, RN
associate professor and director, keys to inclusive leadership in nursing (kiln) program
Maloney Hall 376
- Ph.D. University of Massachusetts Lowell
- M.S.N. Salem State College
- M.S. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.S.N. University of Illinois at Chicago
Leadership development, diversity, and innovation in baccalaureate nursing education; genomic competence of the healthcare workforce
Catherine Read, Ph.D., RN is an associate professor of adult health and director of the "Keys to Inclusive Leadership in Nursing" program at the Connell School of Nursing at Boston College. She is active in ISONG (International Society of Nurses in Genetics) and serves as a consultant for nurse colleagues at the National Human Genome Research Institute on projects related to genomic nursing education.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- 2015: Mary A. Manning Mentoring Award, American Nurses Association Massachusetts
- 2014: Outstanding Service Award
- 2014: Mentorship award, Alpha Chi Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International
- 2010–2013: Member, Editorial Board, Genetics/Genomics Competency Center, National Human Genome Research Institute
- 2010: Founders Award for Excellence in Genetic Nursing Education, International Society of Nurses in Genetics
- Read, C., & Ward, L. (2016). Faculty Performance on the Genomic Nursing Concept Inventory. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 48(1), 5–13. doi: 10.1111/jnu.12175
- Read, C., Pino, B., Debra, & Morrison, C. (2016). Social Change: A framework for inclusive leadership development in nursing education. Journal of Nursing Education, 55(3), 164–167. doi: 10.3928/01484834-20160216-08
- Read, C., Ricciardi, C. E., Gruhll, A., Williams, L., & Vandiver, K. M. (2016). Building genetic competence through partnerships and interactive models. Journal of Nursing Education, 55(5), 300-303. doi: doi: 10.3928/01484834-20160414-12
- Read, C., Vessey, J. A., Amar, A., Cullinan, D. M. (2013). The challenges of inclusivity in baccalaureate nursing programs. Journal of Nursing Education, 52(4), 185-190.
- Read, C. (2011). Semester abroad opportunities in baccalaureate nursing programs. Journal of Professional Nursing, 27(4).