Catherine Yetter Read, Ph.D., RN
associate dean, undergraduate program; associate professor; director, keys to inclusive leadership in nursing (kiln) program
Cushing Hall 202 G
- Ph.D. - University of Massachusetts, Lowell
- M.S.N. - Salem State College
- M.S. - University of Illinois, Urbana
- B.S.N. - University of Illinois, Chicago
Health promotion and psychological adaptation in persons with or at risk for genetic disease; genetics in nursing education; excellence and diversity in baccalaureate nursing education
Catherine Read, Ph.D., RN is associate dean of the undergraduate program, associate professor of adult health, and director of the "Keys to Inclusive Leadership in Nursing" program at the Connell School of Nursing at Boston College.
Dr. Read is a senior scientist at the Center for Nursing Excellence (www.brighamandwomens.org/cne) at Brigham and Women's Hospital and is active in ISONG (International Society of Nurses in Genetics, (www.isong.org).
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- 2010-2013 - Member, Editorial Board, Genetics/Genomics Competency Center, National Human Genome Research Institute
- 2013 - Program Director, Innovative Tools and Methods for Genetics Instruction: Teaching with LEGO®-based Molecular Models
- 2010 - Founders Award for Excellence in Genetic Nursing Education, International Society of Nurses in Genetics
- 2010 - Award of Distinguished Service, Burlington, MA, Board of Health
- 2010 - Connell School of Nursing Innovations Award, Boston College CSON
- Read, C., Vessey, J. A., Amar, A., Cullinan, D. M. (2013). The challenges of inclusivity in baccalaureate nursing programs. Journal of Nursing Education, 52(4), 185-190.
- Read, C. (2011). Semester abroad opportunities in baccalaureate nursing programs. Journal of Professional Nursing, 27(4).
- Lea, D. H., Skirton, H., Read, C., Williams, J. K. (2011). Implications for Educating the Next Generation of Nurses on Genetics and Genomics in the 21st Century. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 43(1), 3-12.
- Underwood, P.C., & Read, C.Y. (2008). Genetic association studies in nursing practice and scholarship. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 37 (3), 203-208.
- Read, C.Y., Green, R.C., & Smyer, M.A. (Eds.). (2008). Aging, Biotechnology, and the Future. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press.