Joyce Pulcini, Ph.D., RNCS, PNP, FAAN
Cushing Hall 307
- Ph.D. - Brandeis University
- M.S. - Boston University
- B.S. - St. Anselm College
School nursing; nurse practitioner practice characteristics, prescriptive practices, salary and employee benefits, and national and international nurse practitioner role development; education and regulations; effect of postpartum depression on child development; asthma/allergies in children
Dr. Joyce A. Pulcini, a certified pediatric nurse practitioner, is a past president of the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF), a fellow of the American Academy of Nursing, a senior associate editor for Policy, Politics and Nursing Practice, and chair of the education/practice subgroup of the international NP/APN network of the ICN. Dr. Pulcini has played a major role nationally and internationally as a leader for advanced practice nursing and for children's health. She co-leads a service trip for Connell School students to Nicaragua each year.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- 2011-Lifetime Achievement Award, Massachusetts Coalition of Nurse Practitioners
- 2011-Technical Expert Panel, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- 2011-Finalist: Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Health Policy Fellowship
- 2008-present: Member of Primary Care Task Force for Mayor Menino, City of Boston, Public Health Commission
- 2008-present: Co-Chair- Workforce Capacity Subgroup
- Pulcini, J., & Tyer-Viola, L. (2011). Health and the Global Environment. In Harkness, G. & DeMarco, R., Community and Public Health Nursing: Evidence for Practice (pp. 3-24). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Pulcini, J., Sheetz, A., & Crowe, D. (2011). School Nurse Research Networks: A Win-Win For Nurse Educators. NASN School Nurse, 27(1), 11-14.
- Pulcini, J., Hart, M.A. (2011). Financing Health Care in the United States. In D. Mason, J. Leavitt, & M. Chaffee (Eds.), Policy and Politics for Nursing and Health Care 6th ed. (pp. 135-146). Philadelphia, PA: W.B. Saunders.
- Pulcini, J, Jelic, M., Gul, R. Loke, A.Y. (2010). An International Survey on Advanced Practice Nursing Education, Practice and Regulation. Image: Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 42 (1), 31-39.
- Boynton, R., Dunn, B., Pulcini, J., St. Pierre, S., Stephens, G. (2010). Manual of Ambulatory Pediatrics (6th ed). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott.