Tam H. Nguyen PhD, MSN/MPH, RN
Cushing Hall 336C
- Ph.D. - Johns Hopkins University
- M.S.N./M.P.H. - Johns Hopkins University
- B.S.N. - University of Maryland
Health promotion/disease prevention, chronic disease management, vulnerable/hard to reach populations, community-based participatory research, and psychometrics.
Dr. Nguyen is an assistant professor at the William F. Connell School of Nursing, and teaches evidence-based practice. Dr. Nguyen’s research focuses on examining barriers to the care and control of high blood pressure, and validating a measure of health literacy, among Vietnamese Americans. Nguyen was the Principal Investigator on a grant titled, “Hypertension and Health Literacy among Vietnamese Americans in 2012.”
- Tran, T. V., Nguyen, T. H., Wang, K., & Phan, P. (in press). Comparing traditional body mass index and Joslin Diabetes Center's Asian body mass index in predicting self-report type 2 diabetes. To appear in International Journal of Social Science Studies.
- Golden, S. H., Purnell, T., Halbert, J. P., Matens, R., Miller, E. R., Nguyen, T. H., …, Cooper, L. A. (2014). A community-engaged cardiovascular health disparities research training curriculum: Implementation and preliminary outcomes. Academic Medicine, 89(10), 1348-1356. doi:10.1097/ACM.0000000000000426
- Nguyen, T. H., Han, H.R., Kim, M. T., & Chan, K. S. (2014). An introduction to item response theory for patient-reported outcome measurement. The Patient – Patient-Centered Outcomes Research, 7(1), 23-35. doi:0.1007/s40271-013-0041-0
- Kim, K. B., Han, H.-R., Huh, B., Nguyen, T. H., Lee, H., & Kim, M. T. (2014). The effect of a community-based self-help multimodal behavioral intervention in Korean American seniors with high blood pressure. American Journal of Hypertension, 27(3). doi:10.1093/ajh/hpu041
- Han, H.R., Song, H.J., Nguyen, T.H., & Kim, M.T. (2014). Measuring self-care in patients with hypertension: A systematic review of literature. Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 29(1), 55-67. doi:10.1097/JCN.0b013e3182775fd1