Ellen K. Mahoney, RN, PhD, FGSA
interim associate dean for research and associate professor
Maloney Hall 346
- Ph.D. University of California, San Francisco
- M.S.N. University of Pennsylvania
- B.S.N. Georgetown University
Human responses in chronic illness/disability; patterns of behavior in persons with dementia; nursing interventions to promote functional ability in the elderly; recovery from stroke
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- 2006–2008: “The nursing ambulatory to hospital transitions program [NAHT]” Consultant, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Interdisciplinary Nursing Quality Research Initiative (INQRI), Barbara Roberge PI
- 2004: Outstanding Alumna Award, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- 2002–2006: "Reminiscence during bathing persons with AD at home" (RO1 NR07893-01A1), Principal Investigator, NIH/NINR, 9/02 - 6/06.
- 2002: Fellow, Gerontological Society of America
- 2001–2003: "Dynamic assessment for nursing homes". Subcontract between metalinker.com and Boston College under NIH Grant No. R44AG15937-02, Principal Investigator Claire Gutkin, 2/01 - 2/03.
- Harry, M., MacDonald, L., McLuckie, A., Battista, C., Mahoney, E. K., & Mahoney, K. (2016). Long-term experiences in participant-directed home and community-based services for young adults with intellectual disabilities: Familial programme representative descriptions. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities (published online ahead of print). doi: 10.1111/jar.12251.
- Harry, M., Kong, J., MacDonald, L., McLuckie, A., Battista, C., Mahoney, E. K., & Mahoney, K. (2016). The long-term effects of participant direction of supports and services for people with disabilities. Care Management Journals, 17(1), 2-12. doi: 10.1891/1521-09220.127.116.11.
- Jablonski, R., Lolanowski, A. M., Azuero, A., Winstead, V., Jones, T., Corteza, & Mahoney, E. K. (2015). Revising the Resistiveness to Care Scale. Journal of Nursing Measurement.
- Volicer, L., Hurley, A., & Mahoney, E. K. (2015). Rejection of Care in Dementia. In Assessment Scales for Advanced Dementia (pp. 185 – 214). Baltimore, MD, USA: Health Professions Press.
- Mahoney, K., McGaffigan, E., Sciegaj, M., Zgoda, K., & Mahoney, E. K. (2015). Approaches to Empowering Individuals and Communities. Oxford Handbook of Social Work in Health and Aging, p. 85.
- Trudeau, S., Gately, M. E., & Mahoney, E. K. (2015). Expressions of love: Translating bathing into an opportunity for intimacy for couples confronting dementia. Gerontology Special Interest Section Quarterly, 38(4), 1 – 4.