Susan Kelly-Weeder, PhD, FNP-BC, FAANP
Cushing Hall 420
- M.S., Ph.D. - University of Massachusetts, Lowell
- B.S. - Simmons College
Disordered eating behaviors; high-risk alcohol use; web-based motivational interventions; lifestyle risks for infertility
Dr. Kelly-Weeder’s research focuses on the co-occurrence of high risk eating and drinking behaviors. In particular, her work examines the relationship between binge eating, binge drinking and the co-occurrence of these behaviors in college age students. She is currently developing a web-based motivational intervention to address these behaviors.
Dr. Kelly-Weeder received her B.S. from Simmons College and her M.S. and Ph.D. for the University of Massachusetts Lowell. She is certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and is an active member of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) and the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF). She is also a member of the Massachusetts Association of Registered Nurses (MARN), the Eastern Nursing Research Society (ENRS) and Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- 2015 - Distinguished Faculty Award, Connell School of Nursing
- 2013 - Elected membership, Research Society on Alcoholism
- 2012 - Grant funding, Binge Eating and Drinking: Screening and Intervention for College Students, National Institute of Nursing Research
- 2012 – Elected Board of Directors, National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties
- 2011 - Distinguished Practitioner, National Acadamies of Practice
- Kelly-Weeder, S. S. (2015). "Eyes, Ears, Nose, Throat (HEENT)," In Dunphy, Winlkand-Brown, Porter & Thomas (Ed.), YES; Primary Care: Art and Science of Advanced Practice Nursing (ed.). Philadelphia, PA: F.A. Davis Company.
- Wysocki, K., Underwood, P.C., & Kelly-Weeder, S. (2015). An essential piece of nursing’s future: The continued development of the nurse practitioner as expert clinician and scientist. American Journal of Nurse Practitioners, 27(4), 178-180. doi: 10.1002/2327-6924.12251
- Kelly-Weeder, S. S., Phillips, K., Leonard, K., & Veroneau, M. (2014). Binge eating and weight loss behaviors of overweight and obese college students. Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, 26(8), 445-451. doi:10.1002/2327-6924.12070
- Wolfe, B. E., Kelly-Weeder, S. S., Malcolm, A. W., & McKenery, M. (2013). Accuracy of self-reported body weight and height in remitted anorexia nervosa. Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association, 19(2), 66-70. doi:10.1177/1078390313481062
- Kelly-Weeder, S. S. (2012). Helping patients through the pain of infertility. The Nurse Practitioner, 37(2), 47-52.