Carina Katigbak, PhD, RN, ANP-BC
Maloney Hall 350
- Ph.D. - New York University
- M.S. - New York University
- B.S.N. - Ryerson University
Health promotion; immigrant and minority health; chronic illness management; cardiovascular health; community health.
Dr. Katigbak is an assistant professor whose research focuses on behavioral interventions to improve cardiovascular outcomes for Asian Americans. She received her BScN from Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada, her Master's as an Adult Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, and PhD from New York University. Katigbak was PI on a grant titled, “Community Health Workers’ Roles in Facilitating the Adoption of Healthy Behaviors Among Filipino Americans with Hypertension”. She is a member of the American Heart Association, American Public Health Association, and Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing.
- Katigbak, C., Van Devanter, N., Islam, N., Trinh-Shevrin, C. (2015). Partners in health: A conceptual framework for the role of community health workers in facilitating patients’ adoption of healthy behaviors. American Journal of Public Health, 105(5), 872-880. doi:10.2105/AJPH.2014.302411
- Ursua, R., Aguilar, D., Wyatt, L., Katigbak, C., Islam, N., Tandon, D., … Trinh-Shevrin, C. (2014). A community health worker intervention to improve management of hypertension among Filipino immigrants in New York and New Jersey: A pilot study. Ethnicity and Disease, 24(1), 67-76. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3955003/
- Kovner, C., Brewer, C., Fatehi, F., & Katigbak, C. (2014). Changing trends in newly licensed RNs. American Journal of Nursing, 114(2), 26-34. doi: 10.1097/01.NAJ.0000443767.20011.7f
- Lusk, E., Kovner, C., Lee, C.-S., Katigbak, C., & Selander, N. (2013). The technical underpinnings and extended "What if" analysis of the decision support systems programmed for the IOM/8020 nursing initiative. Journal of Knowledge, Management, Economics, and Information Technology, 3(3). Retrieved from http://www.scientificpapers.org
- Kovner, C., Lee, C.-S., Lusk, E., Katigbak, C., Selander, N. (2013). Sustainability of the IOM 80/20 nursing initiative as viewed through a decision support system supporting “What-if” benchmarking capabilities. Journal of Management and Sustainability, 3(3). doi: 10.5539/jms.v3n3p25