Nanci Haze, MSN, RN, CPNP
clinical assistant professor
Maloney Hall 235
- Post Masters Teaching Certificate in Nursing Education - Boston College
- M.S. - Northeastern University
- B.S. - Western Connecticut State University
Urgent and primary care experience; home-care, rehab and case management; caring for pediatric patients with a variety of diagnoses and special health care needs.
Nanci Haze was hired full-time at BC in 1999. She has been affiliated with Children's Hospital since 1991 and is a member of Sigma Theta Tau International. She is a certified pediatric nurse practitioner and works part time in pediatric urgent care and is a part-time provider on Boston Children’s Hospital’s pain treatment team. Prior to that she worked in primary care for children with special health care needs. She is a leader in high fidelity simulation and has developed scenarios and objectives to augment pediatric clinical experience for undergraduate and graduate students. In addition, she is also a member of NAPNAP, both nationally and with the local eastern chapter. Her clinical interests are with children with chronic illnesses and special health care needs, simulation and team-based learning.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- Exam writer for the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools
- International instructor for NCLEX test taking strategies
- Kasner, L. & Haze, N. (2004) Cancer in Children. in Huether, S. & McCance, K. Understanding Pathophysiology, Third edition. Elsevier Science.