Sandra Hannon-Engel, Ph.D., RN, CNS, PMHNP-BC
clinical assistant professor
Cushing Hall 334F
- Ph.D. - Boston College
- M.S. - Rivier College
- B.S. - University of Massachusetts, Boston
Eating disorders; neurobiology; pharmacogenomics; life threatening behaviors
Dr. Sandra Hannon-Engel joined the Connell School faculty in the fall of 2012 as an assistant professor. She received her master of science degree from Rivier College in Nashua, NH and he Ph.D. from Boston College. Her clinical experience includes many years as an advanced practice nurse in the inpatient and outpatient mental health settings as well as a clinical instructor in Psychiatric/ Mental Health Nursing at Boston College. Her program of research focuses on the physiological mechanisms that may perpetuate or maintain eating disorders.
- Hannon-Engel, S. L., Dwyer, E.M. (2014). Eating Disorders. In Moller, M. D. & Potter, M. L. (Eds.), Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: Continuum of Care. Pearson Higher Education.
- Hannon-Engel, S. L., Filin, E. E., Wolfe, B. E. (2013). CCK response in bulimia nervosa and following remission. Physiology & Behavior, 122, 56-61. dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.physbeh.2013.08.014
- Hannon-Engel, S.L. (2012) Cutting through the tension: Making sense of self-injury. Nursing. ce.nurse.com/ce608/self-injury/
- Wolfe, B. E., Hannon Engel, S. L., & Mitchell, J. E. (2012). Bulimia in DSM-5. Psychiatric Annals, 42(11), 406-409.
- Hannon-Engel, S. L. (2012). Regulating satiety in bulimia nervosa: The role of cholecystokinin. Perspectives Psychiatric Care, 48(1), 34-40. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22188045