Holly B. Fontenot, PhD, RN, WHNP-BC
Cushing Hall 306
- M.S. and Ph.D. Boston College
- B.S.N. Georgia Baptist College of Nursing/Mercer University
Sexual and Reproductive Health; Prevention of STI/HPV; Vaccines; Women’s Health; LGBTQ Health
Holly Fontenot is an Assistant Professor of Nursing at the William F. Connell School of Nursing, Boston College. She is a certified women’s health nurse practitioner and predominantly teaches in the graduate program, where she is the director of the WHNP program. Dr. Fontenot’s research focuses on promotion of sexual and reproductive health. She is particularly interested in reducing the burden of human papillomavirus (HPV) related diseases primarily through vaccination. Other research interests include the intersections of violence and sexual health. Dr. Fontenot has numerous publications related to sexual health, sexually transmitted infections, HPV, and general women’s health.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- 2015 - KILN Mentorship Award, Boston College Keys to Inclusive Leadership in Nursing
- 2015 - Distinguished Nurse Practitioner of the Year, Massachusetts Collation of Nurse Practitioners
- 2015 - Excellence in Graduate Teaching and Mentorship Award, Connell School of Nursing
- Adjunct Faculty, The Fenway Institute
- Per-diem NP Fenway Health/Sidney Borum Health Center
- Fontenot, H. B., & Fantasia, H. C. (in press). HPV9 vaccine for the prevention of human papillomavirus related cancers. To appear in Nursing for Women's Health.
- Fontenot, H. B., Fantasia, H. C. (in press). Long-acting Reversible Contraceptives for Adolescents. To appear in Nursing for Women's Health.
- Fontenot, H. B. (2015). Urine-based HPV testing as a method to screen for cervical cancer. Nursing for Women's Health, 19(1), 59-65. doi:10.1111/1751-486X.12176
- Sutherland, M. A., Fantasia, H. C., & Fontenot, H. B. (2015). Reproductive coercion and partner violence among college women. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 44(2), 218-227. doi:10.1111/1552-6909.12550
- Hill, A. L., & Fontenot, H. B. (2014). A second look: Umbilical cord clamping. Nursing for Women’s Health, 18(5) 413-419. doi:10.1111/1751-486X.12149