Holly B. Fontenot, PhD, RN, WHNP-BC
Maloney Hall 357
- M.S. and Ph.D. Boston College
- B.S.N. Georgia Baptist College of Nursing/Mercer University
Sexual and Reproductive Health; Prevention of STI/HPV; Vaccines; Women’s Health; LGBTQ Health
Holly Fontenot is an Assistant Professor of Nursing at the William F. Connell School of Nursing, Boston College. She is a certified women’s health nurse practitioner and predominantly teaches in the graduate program, where she is the director of the WHNP program. Dr. Fontenot’s research focuses on promotion of sexual and reproductive health. She is particularly interested in reducing the burden of human papillomavirus (HPV) related diseases primarily through vaccination. Other research interests include the intersections of violence and sexual health. Dr. Fontenot has numerous publications related to sexual health, sexually transmitted infections, HPV, and general women’s health.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- 2015 - Outstanding Research Study Paper Award, Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
- 2015 - KILN Mentorship Award, Boston College Keys to Inclusive Leadership in Nursing
- 2015 - Distinguished Nurse Practitioner of the Year, Massachusetts Collation of Nurse Practitioners
- Adjunct Faculty, The Fenway Institute
- Per-diem NP Fenway Health/Sidney Borum Health Center
- Wigle, J., Fontenot, H. B., & Zimet, G. (in press). Global delivery of human papillomavirus vaccine. In A. Shetty (Ed.), Pediatric Clinics of North America; Our shrinking globe: Implications for child safety. Elsevier: Burlington, MA.
- Fontenot, H. B., Fantasia, H. C., & Sutherland, M. A. (in press). HPV and HPV vaccine information among a national sample of college and university websites. To appear in Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
- Fantasia, H. C., Fontenot, H. B., Sutherland, M. A., Lee-St.John, T. (in press). Forced sex and sexual consent among college men and women. To appear in Journal of Forensic Nursing.
- Fontenot, H. B., & Fantasia, H. C. (2015). HPV9 vaccine for the prevention of human papillomavirus-related cancers. Nursing for Women's Health, 19(4), 365-370. doi:10.1111/1751-486X.12223
- Fontenot, H. B., & Fantasia, H. C. (2015). Long-acting reversible contraception for adolescents. Nursing for Women's Health, 19(3), 253-259. doi:10.1111/1751-486X.12207