Jane M. Flanagan, Ph.D., ANP-BC
Cushing Hall 336I
- Ph.D. - Boston College
- M.S.N. - Northeastern University
- B.S.N. - University of Lowell
Patient and family experiences of chronic illness; the integration of nursing theory and aesthetics into nursing care; spirituality, forgiveness and healing
Dr. Jane Flanagan is a faculty associate scientist at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Yvonne Munn Center and associate clinical scientist at the Phyllis Cantor Center at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. She is certified from the American Nurses Credentialing Center as a nurse practitioner and continues to maintains a clinical practice as a nurse practitioner at MGH in the Clinical Research Center.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- 2011 - Partners Healthcare Excellence in Action Award from MGH
- 2010 - Research for Practice Writing Award, Med-Surg Nursing
- 2010 - Harvard Catalyst Reviewer, Harvard Catalyst
- 2010 - Unique Contribution, NANDA-I
- 2010-present - Editor, International Journal of Nursing Terminologies and Classifications
- Flanagan, J. M., Harris, A. L., Jones, D. A. (2013). "Evaluation of the Advanced Practice Nurse Cost Efficiency, Accomplishments, Trends and Future Development," In Lucille A. Joel (Ed.), Advance Practice Nursing: Essentials for Role Development 3rd edition (3rd ed.). Philadelphia, PA: F A Davis Company.
- Jones, D. A., Duffy, M., Flanagan, J. M., Foster, F. (2012). Psychometric Evaluation of the Functional Health Pattern Assessment Screening Tool (FHPAST). International Journal of Nursing Knowledge, 23(3), 140-145.
- Flanagan, J. M. (2012). Relics going green. International Journal of Nursing Knowledge, 23(3), 118.
- Flanagan, J. M. (2012). Authentic and Original. International Journal of Nursing Knowledge, 23(2), 61.
- Flanagan, J.M., Winters, L., Habin, K., Cashavelly, B. (2012). Women's experiences of anti estrogen therapy to treat breast cancer. Oncology Nursing Forum, 39(1), 70-7.