Donna L. Cullinan, MS, RN, FNP
clinical assistant professor
Maloney Hall 362
- M.S. - Boston College
- B.S.N. - St. Anselm College
RESEARCH & CLINICAL INTERESTS
Health promotion especially with vulnerable populations, global health especially Haiti, school health, geriatric home care, the homeless
Donna has practiced in community health for thirty years. She received her B.S.N. degree from St. Anselm College and her M.S. in Community Health and Family Nurse Practitioner from Boston College. She became a full time Faculty member at Boston College in the fall of 2003 after teaching part time since 1999. She is a certified family nurse practitioner and teaches Synthesis and Community Health to undergraduates as well as assisting in the Family Nurse Practitioner program.
Donna has worked in the community as a public health nurse, visiting nurse, administrator, school nurse and with the homeless. She presently is a home care nurse practitioner in Milton. She is part of a medical team that goes to Haiti every year. As a part of her committment to Haiti, Donna brings a group of students to the country each year to to provide nursing care to traditionally hard to reach patients. Learn more about this program.
SELECTED Appointments and Awards
- 2015 - Outstanding Service Award, Connell School of Nursing
- 2014 - Top Overall Performer in the Re-admissions Prevention Award Program, Tufts Health Plan
- 2014 - Teaching in New Media Award, Eteaching
- 2011-2012 - Faculty Community Service Award, Connell School of Nursing
- 2011 - Community Service Award, Boston College
- Read, C., Vessey, J. A., Amar, A., Cullinan, D. M. (2013). The challenges of inclusivity in baccalaureate nursing programs. Journal of Nursing Education, 52(4), 185-190.
- Wolfe, B. E., Smith, A. T., & Cullinan, D. L. (2009). Eating disorders. In Allen, P.J. & Vessey, J.A. (Eds.), Primary Care of the Child with a Chronic Condition (5th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby.
- Cullinan, D.L. (2006). A medical mission to Haiti. Alpha Chi News, 28(2), 2-5.