Jane Ashley, PhD, RN
Maloney Hall 242
- M.S., Ph.D. Boston College
- B.S. California State University, Chico
Nursing care of the surgical patient; strategies to improve test performance.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- 2014 - KILN Mentorship Award, Keys to Inclusive Leadership in Nursing
- Ashley, J., & Stamp, K. D. (2014). Learning to think like a nurse: The development of clinical judgment in beginning nursing students. Journal of Nursing Education, 53(9), 519-525. doi:10.3928/01484834-20140821-14
- Ashley, J., (2010) Preoperative Nursing and Postoperative Nursing. In K.S. Osborn, C.E. Wraa, and A. Watson (Eds.), Medical-Surgical Nursing: Preparation for Practice (pp. 586–617 and 644–691). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Woods, P. & Ashley, J. (1995). Simulated presence therapy: Using selected memories to manage problem behaviors in Alzheimer's Disease patients. Geriatric Nursing, 16(1) 9-14.
- Ashley, J. & O'Neill, J. (1994). Study groups: Are they effective in preparing students for NCLEX-RN. Journal of Nursing Education, 33(8) 357-364.
- Ashley, J. & O'Neil, J. (1991). The effectiveness of an intervention to promote successful performance on NCLEX-RN for baccalaureate students at risk for failure. Journal of Nursing Education, 30(8) 1-7.