Pre-Conference Session B: 3:00 - 5:15 pm
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
CODING 101: FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY IN A CHANGING HEALTH CARE WORLD
Lynne Rapsilber, MSN, ANP-BC, APRN, FAANP
- Learn the tools for reimbursement.
- Understand "incident to" billing.
- Learn how to avoid audits through correct coding.
- Learn about ICD-10 readiness.
EVALUATION OF THE INJURED KNEE AND SHOULDER
Douglas Moran, MD
- Discuss the anatomy of the knee and shoulder.
- Discuss common injuries to the knee and shoulder including typical presentation and mechanisms of injury.
- Demonstrate and allow for audience participation in the examination of the shoulder and knee and discuss appropriate use of imaging.
- Discuss operative and non-operative approaches for the management of these injuries.
Workshop 7 (must be taken with Workshop 3)
LEADERSHIP SKILLS IN TODAY'S HEALTH CARE- Part II
Margaret Franckhauser, MS, RN
- Build self-awareness of leadership strengths and challenges.
- Identify current challenges and opportunities for nurse practitioners in the changing climate of health care.
- Develop strategies for becoming leaders in the health care policy arena.
ADOLESCENT STD TREATMENT AND GUIDELINES
Katherine Hsu, MD
- Explain the changes in the 2014 STD Treatment Guidelines, inclusive of updates to epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, and management for STIs (e.g. syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, HSV, HPV and trichomonas).
- Discuss STI/HIV screening and prevention issues relevant to special populations, i.e. adolescents/young adults, MSM, and WSW.
- Discuss changes in the partner notification and treatment process (Expedited Partner Therapy) as they pertain to STI cases.