Pre-Conference Session B: 3:00 - 5:15 pm
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
CODING 101: FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY IN A CHANGING HEALTH CARE WORLD
Lynne Rapsilber, ARNP
- Learn the tools for reimbursement.
- Understand "incident to" billing.
- Learn how to avoid audits through correct coding.
- Learn about ICD-10 readiness.
LEADERSHIP SKILLS IN TODAY'S HEALTH CARE- PART II
Margaret Franckhauser, MS, RN
- Build self-awareness of leadership strengths and challenges.
- Identify current challenges and opportunities for nurse practitioners in the changing climate of health care.
- Develop strategies for becoming leaders in the health care policy arena.
UPDATE ON STD GUIDELINES/TREATMENT
Katherine Hsu, MD
- Explain the changes in the 2014 STD Treatment Guidelines, inclusive of updates to epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, and management for STIs (e.g. syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, HSV, HPV and trichomonas).
- Discuss STI/HIV screening and prevention issues relevant to special populations, i.e. adolescents/young adults, MSM, and WSW.
- Discuss changes in the partner notification and treatment process (Expedited Partner Therapy) as they pertain to STI cases.