Pre-Conference Session A: 12:30 - 2:45pm
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
BASIC SUTURING SKILLS & TECHNIQUES
Lisa M. Arello, MS, NP
- Identify proper suture material as indicated by type of wound.
- Demonstrate proper basic suturing techniques.
RADIOLOGY: CLINICAL PEARLS AND CASE STUDIES
Marion L. Growney, MSN, ACNP
- Describe proper imaging for back pain.
- Identify 2 indications for contrast use.
Workshop 3 (Must be taken with Workshop 7)
LEADERSHIP SKILLS IN TODAY'S HEALTH CARE Part 1
Margaret Franckhauser, MS, RN
- Build self-awareness of leadership strengths and challenges.
- Identify current challenges and opportunities for nurse practitioners in the changing climate of health care.
- Develop strategies for becoming leaders in the health care policy arena.
CURRENT CONCEPTS OF CONCUSSION EVALUATION AND MANAGEMENT
Alex Taylor, PsyD; Michael O’Brien, MD
- Reinforce the need to identify and protect athletes with sports related concussion and establish return to play criteria.
- Become familiar with indications for referral to a specialist, and considerations for treatment of patients with prolonged recovery.
- Identify indications and timing for computerized neurocognitive testing as it pertains to concussion management.
- Become familiar with the basics of interpreting computerized neurocognitive testing, and common errors with these tests for concussion management.