Pre-Conference Session A: 12:30 - 2:45pm
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
BASIC SUTURING SKILLS & TECHNIQUES
Lisa M. Arello, NP
- Identify proper suture material as indicated by type of wound.
- Demonstrate proper basic suturing techniques.
- on components. There is ample time and professional supervision to practice suturing techniques. Limit 30 participants.
This workshop focuses on basic suturing skills and techniques by blending didactic and hands-on components. There is ample time and professional supervision to practice suturing techniques. Limit 30 participants.
RHYTHM AND EKG INTERPRETATION: THE BASICS
Rebecca Sevigny, BSN, RN, CCRN
- Review important cardiac arrhythmias.
- Describe the basic concepts in 12 lead EKG interpretation
- Evaluate the 12 lead EKG.
This workshop will start with a review of the more common arrhythmias for which patients are symptomatic. Following that we will review basics of 12 lead EKG interpretation. These principles will be then applied to practice of simple 12 lead EKG evaluation. This workshop provides a foundation for the advanced workshop #5.
UPDATES IN ANTIBIOTIC THERAPY FOR COMMON ILLNESSES*
Amy Brooks, Pharm. D, BCPS
- Explain basic pharmacology of antibiotics.
- Discuss antibiotic choices depending on the patient's clinical condition.
- Describe circumstances in which alternative antibiotics would be necessary.
In our complex medical world, understanding the role of antibiotics in management of infectious diseases is becoming more challenging. During this presentation, the various types of antibiotics and potential choices depending on the infection and organism will be reviewed.
* Approved for Pharmacology Credits