Conference Session H: 2:30 - 3:45 pm
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
CHOOSING WISELY: EVIDENCE BASED PRACTICE
Gene Harkless, DNSc, APRN
- Discuss the use of research in making clinical decisions.
- Review recent evidence that changes standard practice.
Matthew Parker, MD
- State the JNC-8 definition of hypertension and state the target of therapy in patients under age 60 without comorbid illness, patients with diabetes, patients with chronic kidney disease, and patients over age 60.
- Recommend initial lifestyle and specific pharmacologic therapy for hypertension.
- Recognize common reasons for failure of initial therapy and options for add-on therapy as well as indications for further evaluation of hypertension.
EYE INJURIES AND PREVENTION
Matthew Gardiner, MD
- Be able to identify basic types of eye trauma.
- Know when to call for consultation.
* Eligible for pharmacology contact hours