Conference Session H: 2:30 - 3:45 pm
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
LEARNING DERMATOLOGY FOR THE FIRST TIME*
Pascal Ferzli, MD
- Discuss common and less common dermatologic problems seen in primary care for both children and adults.
- Provide a systematic approach to lesion identification including appearance, etiology and associated symptoms.
- Discuss advanced diagnostic procedures that can be performed in the primary care office such as biopsies, scrapings and microscopy to arrive at a diagnosis.
- Discuss treatment and when to refer.
Matthew Parker, MD
- State the JNC-8 definition of hypertension and state the target of therapy in patients under age 60 without comorbid illness, patients with diabetes, patients with chronic kidney disease, and patients over age 60.
- Recommend initial lifestyle and specific pharmacologic therapy for hypertension.
- Recognize common reasons for failure of initial therapy and options for add-on therapy as well as indications for further evaluation of hypertension.
Jill Burke, NP
EYE INJURIES AND PREVENTION
Matthew Gardiner, MD
- Be able to identify basic types of eye trauma.
- Know when to call for consultation.
* Approved for Pharmacology Credits