Conference Session G: 1:00 - 2:15 PM
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
Keith McAvoy, MD
- Demonstrate the neurological examination.
- Discuss implications and need for further follow up for abnormal exams.
CURRENT MANAGEMENT OF BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA*
Ronald Yap, MD, MBA
- Understand the presentation of BPH including epidemiology and symptoms.
- Review diagnostic testing for BPH.
- Define the current treatment guidelines for management of BPH.
CASE STUDIES IN CARDIAC DIAGNOSTIC TESTING
Mary Macklin, MSN, APRN
- Describe common diagnostics cardiac tests.
- Explain which test is most desirable in which patient.
- Review management strategies to consider once a diagnosis is established.
PEDIATRIC IMMUNIZATION UPDATE*
Carole Maloney, APRN
- Review the current ACIP recommendations of immunizations of children and adolescents.
- Discuss recent changes in recommendations and rationale.
- Review the proper use of the combination vaccines- Which ones at what age.
- Discuss the special groups of patients requiring additional vaccines/variation in vaccine schedules such as high risk infants, previously under immunized children and children traveling abroad.
* Approved for Pharmacology Credits