Conference Session F: 10:15 - 11:30 am
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES IN DIABETES MANAGEMENT
Patti Duprey, MS, APRN
- Identify various tech devices to assist in the management of diabetes.
- Describe appropriate patient selection for different devices.
MANAGEMENT OF ACUTE OVERDOSE
Martin Black, MD
- Discuss common agents of abuse in this patient population.
- Explain management of the acute overdose patient.
- Discuss issues that need to be addressed following early recovery.
ASSESSMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF CEREBRAL VASCULAR ACCIDENT
Mary Anne Milbert, MSN, RN, CPNP-PC
- Name the four most common congenital heart defects.
- Discuss surgical versus device treatment for atrial septal defects.
- Understand sub-acute bacterial endocarditis (SBE) prophylaxis according to the 2007 AHA guidelines.
- Identify when a referral is needed for a murmur.
* Eligible for pharmacology contact hours