Conference Session E: 8:45 - 10:00 am
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
TREATMENT OF SIMPLE AND COMPLEX URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS*
Veronica Triaca, MD
- Review the evaluation of the patient with simple,complex or recurrent UTI
- Discuss the treatment of the patient with a UTI.
- Identify approaches to help prevent recurring UTIs.
Jennifer Ganem, MS, APRN
- Describe the assessment of ADHD.
- Discuss strategies to manage ADHD including medication management.
MANAGEMENT OF SEPSIS AND SIRS*
Martin Black, MD
- Differentiate between sepsis and SIRS.
- Understand the presentation and diagnosis of patients with sepsis and SIRS.
- Explain early and ongoing management strategies.
FOOD ALLERGIES IN CHILDREN
Bonnie Proulx, MS, APRN
- Review common food allergies and their presentation in pediatric patients.
- Discuss management of food allergies in children and common misperceptions.
* Approved for Pharmacology Credits