Conference Session D: 4:15 - 5:30 pm
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
EVALUATION OF COUGH
Roslyn Lawrence, MSN, APRN, CCRN
- Analyze the assessment, causes and evaluation of the patient presenting with a complaint of cough.
- Explain the treatment options bases on the differntial diagnosis of cough.
DIABETES IN PRIMARY CARE: BEYOND METFORMIN: HOW DO WE CHOOSE?
Patti Duprey, NP, APRN, CDE
- State the burden of Type 2 diabetes and Pre-diabetes in the United States.
- Describe the latest guidelines for treatment goals in Type 2 diabetes.
- Explain the efficacy and side effects of newer agents to treat Type 2 diabetes.
- Discuss appropriate candidates for the newer classes of oral hyperglycemic medications.
TOUGH TO TREAT: ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE IN THE ACUTE CARE SETTING
Todd King, PA
- Provide an update on recently approved medications.
- Discuss difficult to treat Gram negative infection.
- Review and update treatment options for staphylococcal disease.
THE CHANGING SPECTRUM OF PEDIATRIC HIV
Carole Moloney, ARNP
- Discuss who was at risk then and who is at risk now.
- Review testing and lab interpretation.
- Explain medications and side effects.
- Identify the struggles in treatment: adherence to medication, mental health issues, disclosure and substance abuse.
* Eligible for pharmacology contact hours