Conference Session D: 4:15 - 5:30 pm
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
HEPATITIS C UPDATE*
Lauri Ann Welch, APRN-BC, PhD
- Discuss HCV epidemiology including transmission, diagnosis and CDC screening guidelines.
- Discuss patient management when diagnosis is made including determining viral load, genotype and the significance of that information.
- Review treatment options, both historical and current, including side effects and risks associated with treatment.
- Discuss chronic Hepatitis C including hepatic and extra-hepatic manifestations and factors that can increase or reduce fibrosis progression.
Giuseppe Barbesino, MD
Kara Olivier, NP
INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE IN PEDIATRIC PRACTICE
Matthew Hand, DO
- Identify conditions that integrative medicine will treat.
- Discuss integrative medicine strategies for common pediatric conditions.
* Approved for Pharmacology Credits