Conference Session C: 2:30 - 3:45 pm
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
TAKING CARE OF PATIENTS ON AN IPAD: USING SMART DEVICES FOR CLINICAL SUPPORT
James J. Heffernan, MD, MPH
- Differentiate evidence based resources available to facilitate patient care and practice management.
- Describe smart device resources that support care in real-time.
PHARMACOLOGICAL PITFALLS IN OLDER ADULTS
Terry Mahan Buttaro, PhD, ANP-BC, FAANP
- Discuss the physiologic changes impacting medication therapy in elders.
- Examine the risks of adverse drug events in aging patients.
- Describe techniques to limit polypharmacy in older adults.
Christina Ferreri, DNP, APRN
- Identify pathophysiology of pediatric asthma.
- Identify typical triggers for asthma.
- Discuss management of pediatric asthma.
* Eligible for pharmacology contact hours