Conference Session B: 11:30 - 12:45 pm
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
CHOOSING WISELY: EVIDENCE BASED PRACTICE
Gene Harkless, DNSC, APRN
- Discuss the use of research in making clinical decisions.
- Review recent evidence that changes standard practice.
STOOL TRANSPLANT: YES WE ACTUALLY DO THAT!
Amy Barto, MD
- Recognize that C. difficile colitis is a growing epidemic.
- Describe the concept of fecal transplant for C. difficile.
- List the current FDA-approved indications for fecal transplant
UPDATE ON VENOUS THROMBOEMBOLISM
Louise Meyer, APRN
- Give an overview of VTE (venous thromboembolism) including prevalence, risk factors and pathophysiology.
- Discuss prophylaxis for VTE.
- Review management of VTE including latest CHEST guidelines, newer approaches and antithrombotic agents.
- Discuss what does the future holds.
SCHOOL VIOLENCE AND COMMUNITY SHOOTINGS
Ann Burgess, D.NSc., RNCS, FAAN
- To outline threat assessment.
- Identify school violence and community shootings as a mental health crisis.
- Review high-profile cases for prevention themes.
* Eligible for pharmacology contact hours