Conference Session A: 10:00 - 11:15 am
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
UPDATE ON THE MANAGEMENT OF HYPERLIPIDEMIA
Carolyn Finocchiaro, APRN
- Review the current ACC/AHA prevention guidelines and the rationale for the recommendations.
- Discuss risk calculation and how this will guide lipid management.
- Discuss the importance of lifestyle management in association with medication in order to help prevent cardiovascular events.
SCREENING FOR CERVICAL CANCER: UPDATE ON GUIDELINES
Holly Fontenot, PhD, RN, WHNP-BC
- Identify correct national guidelines and recommendations for cervical cancer screening for women.
- Describe the multi strain nature of the HPV virus and its causal relationship with cancers in men and women, primarily cervical cancers in women.
- Recognize how emerging HPV science influences cervical cancer screening guidelines.
TAVR: A NEW TREATMENT OPTION FOR AORTIC STENOSIS
Alexis Auger, MSN, NP-BC
- Describe the TAVR procedure.
- Understand the current FDA indications for TAVR.
MANAGEMENT OF HEADACHES IN CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
Evie Stacy, MS, APRN
- Review the assessment of headaches in children and adolescents.
- Discuss treatment strategies for management of headaches including lifestyle changes and pharmacological interventions.
* Eligible for pharmacology contact hours