keys to inclusive leadership in nursing (kiln)
SPRING SEMESTER 2016
- Tues, May 3 at 4pm in Shea Room (located on the south side of Conte Forum on the 3rd floor) - KILN Awards and Recognition Celebration
- Wed, Apr 27 at 7pm in Murray Function Room 4th floor, Yawkey Center - Enhancing the Care of Women with HIV: A Patient-Centered Research Approach with Sara E. Dolan Looby, PhD, RN
- Mon, Apr 25 at 6:30pm in Cushing 411/412 - Prescribing Opioids in 2016: Kathryn Takayoshi, NP
- Fri, Apr 22 at 7am in The Four Points Conference Center (Route 1 Norwood, MA) - 40th Annual Clinical Conference: "Addressing the Physical Wellness and Behavioral Health Needs of Communities of Color."
- Thur, Apr 21 at 7:15pm in Merkert 127 - Timmy Global Health Presents: Thomas Kaplan-Maxfield on Love, Relationships and their pertinence to Global Health
- Thur, Apr 21 at 12:30pm in 433 Curry Student Center (Northeastern University) - Exploring Nursing Care Quality and Disparities in Health: J.Margo Brooks Carthon, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Wed, Apr 20 at 6:30pm in Murray Function Room 4th floor, Yawkey Center - A Conversation with Bill Plunkert '68, former CIA Spy
- Sat, Apr 16 at 10:30am in Walsh Hall Function Room - Medical Humanities Conference
- Wed, Apr 6 at 6pm in Maloney 365 - Getting to Know your Fellow KILN Scholars - please RSVP by April 3rd to email@example.com
- Fri, Apr 15 at 12pm in Maloney 365 - CSON Diversity Advisory Board Meeting - please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thur, Apr 14 at 12:30pm in Maloney 365 - Global Public Health Program Presents: Kelly McCrystal Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) - please RSVP by April 12th to email@example.com
- Mon, Apr 4 at 7pm in Stokes Hall S195 - When Does the Life of a Human Being Begin?
- Mon, Apr 4 at 5pm in Yawkey Center, Murray Room - Pinnacle Lecture Series: Kathleen Rice Simpson
- Sat, Apr 2 at 7:30am in The Westin Copley Place - Biomedical Science Careers Student Conference - if interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the end of January.
- Tues, Mar 29 at 6pm in Maloney 365 - Sociocultural Conversation
- Tues, Mar 22 at 7pm in Robsham Theatre - Universal Health Care? From Slogan to Mantra: Paul Farmer MD,PhD
- Thurs, Mar 17 at 12:30pm in Merkert 130 - Practice Behaviors that Matter: Latina Perceptions of the Health Care System with Dr.Yolanda Chávez Padilla - RSVP required
- Wed, Mar 16 at 5pm in Maloney Hall 2nd floor reception area - CSON KILN Alumni Panel and Networking Night
- Sun, Mar 13 at 9am in Worcester Hall in Worcester - MaSNA Annual Career Forum
- Wed, Mar 2 at 12pm & 2pm in Gasson Hall 100 - Criterios para Vivir la Misericordia, Mirar con Ojos Sinceros: Dr. Félix J. Palazzi
- Tues, Mar 1 at 6pm in Gasson Hall 100 - Chambers Lecture Series: Jose Antonio Vargas
- Sat, Feb 27 at 4:30pm in Heights Room - An Evening Tina Tchen: Assistant to the President of the United States
- Thurs, Feb 25 at 12:30pm in Murray Room, Yawkey Center - Black History Month Speaker: Professor Charles F. Smith Jr.
- Tues, Feb 23 at 5:30pm in Murray Room - NP Alumni Panel
- Thurs, Feb 18 at 5:30pm in Maloney Hall 2nd Floor Reception - Nursing Networking Night
- Wed, Feb 17 at 2pm in Maloney Hall 214 - KILN meeting with junior students
- Tues, Feb 16 at 7:30pm in Maloney Hall 365 - Nursing Abroad Panel and Information Night
- Tues, Feb 16 at 1pm in The Heights Room, Corcoran Commons - Michele Norris: The Grace of Silence and the Power of Words
- Fri, Feb 12 at 6:00pm in Boston Marriott Copley Place - New England Regional Black Nurses Association, Inc.: Excellence in Nursing Awards - if interested please email email@example.com
- Thur, Feb 11 at 5:30pm in Maloney 365 - CSON Information Session: Advanced Study Grant
- Tue, Feb 9 at 12pm in Maloney Hall 365 - KILN meeting with freshmen students
- Tue, Feb 2 at 12pm in Maloney Hall 223 - KILN meeting graduate students
- Mon, Feb 1 at 6:00pm in Ignacio Lounge - Momentum: Dr. Susan Gennaro
- Mon, Feb 1 at 4:15pm in Knafel Center in Cambridge - When Cell Therapy Isn’t Enough: Building Cardiovascular Solutions in 2016 with Doris A.Taylor
- Wed, Jan 27 at 6:30pm in Maloney Hall 365 - Clinical Innovations Dinner
- Mon, Jan 25 at 5pm in Maloney Hall 214 - KILN meeting with sophomore students
- Mon, Jan 25 at 10am in Maloney Hall 214 - KILN meeting with seniors & first year MSE students
FALL SEMESTER 2015
- Fri, Nov 20 at 11am in Hovey House Library - Narrating Your Study Abroad Experience: Strategies for Personal Reflection and Professional Development
- Thurs, Nov 19 at 4:30pm in Devlin Hall 010 - "Destination Boston: New Home, New Hope"
- Thurs, Nov 19 at 12pm in Maloney Hall 313 - "The Evolution of Gender Gaps in Industrialized Countries"
- Wed, Nov 18 at 7pm in Gasson Hall 210 - Nurse-Midwifery Care to Women in Areas Affected by War: Addressing Global Public Health
- Wed, Nov 18 at 4pm in Maloney Hall 365 - Your Passport to Global Opportunities at CSON
- Wed, Nov 18 at 3pm in Hovey House Library - Panel of Research & Study in the Islamic World
- Tues, Nov 17 at 7pm in Shea Room/Conte Room - Second Chances: Empowering Children At Risk
- Tues, Nov 17 at 5pm in Yawkey Center, Murray Room - Pinnacle Lecture Series: Margaret Grey, DrPH, RN, FAAN
- Tues, Nov 17 at 12pm in Maloney Hall 365 - Pinnacle Lecture Series: Lunch with Margaret Grey, DrPH, RN, FAAN
- Mon, Nov 16 at 7pm in Devlin Hall 101 - The New Bostonians: How Immigrants Have Transformed the Metro Area since the 1960s and the New Deportations Delirium: Interdisciplinary Responses
- Mon, Nov 16 at 1pm in Devlin Hall 026 - Refugees without Refuge: Seeking Human Rights out of the Ashes of Human Decency
- Mon, Nov 16 at 12pm in Hovey House Library - Ben Orback Talk on Integrating Service Work in Learning Abroad
- Sun, Nov 15 at 12pm in TBA - IEW Film Screening: Albie Sachs Events in the USA for the Film Soft Vengeance
- Thurs, Nov 12 at 1pm in Stokes Hall S361 - Student Panel on Social Innovation in Chile
- Wed, Nov 11 at 6pm in Higgins Hall 300 - Documentary Night & Tea Talk Salon: How China Works - From the Sky to the Deep Mountains Part 1
- Tues, Nov 10 at 4pm in Gasson Hall 100 - Clough Colloquium: Dr. Shirin Ebadi
- Tues, Nov 10 at 3:30pm in Devlin Hall 218 - Immigrant Reflections: Film Screening and Q&A
- Mon, Nov 9 at 5pm in McGuinn Hall Auditorium 121 - Racial Formation and The Future of Racial Theory: A Presentation by Michael Omi
- Mon, Nov 9 at 4pm in Devlin Admissions Auditorium - "Voices Across the Divide" Documentary
- Mon, Nov 9 at 7:30am in Double Tree Suites Hotel (located in Cambridge) - 2015 International Raising C.diff. Awareness Conference & Health EXPO - submit conference request form if interested in attending.
- Wed, Nov 4 at 6:30pm in Maloney Hall 214 - Keys to Inclusive Leadership in Nursing: Faculty Panel
- Tues, Nov 3 at 6pm in Yawkey Center, Murray Room - Chamber Lecture Series: Carey Lohrenz
- Mon, Nov 2 at 7pm in McGuinn Hall 121 - Real Talk: Latinx Culture & the LGBTQ+Community
- Sat, Oct 31 at 8am in Springfield Marriott - 2015 New England Minority Nursing Leadership Conference
- Fri, Oct 30 at 7:30am in BU Questrom Health Sector Management Club - 2015 Health and Life Sciences Conference - submit conference request form if interested in attending.
- Thurs, Oct 22 at 6:30pm in McGuinn Hall 121 - Black Lives Matter: Boston College and America
- Thurs, Oct 22 at 6pm at Massachusetts General Hospital (Founders Building, RM 130) - Massachusetts Health Policy Forum: The Role of Nurses in Improving Health Outcomes Across the Continuum of Care
- Thurs, Oct 22 at 4:30pm in Fulton Hall 245 - Using Innovation to Solve Public Health Challenges
- Wed, Oct 21 at 6pm in Walsh Function Room - Exploring Gender on Campus: An Interactive Discussion
- Tues, Oct 20 at 6pm in Gasson Hall 100 - "Thieves of State: Why Corruption Threatens Global Security"
- Wed, Oct 14 at 6:30pm in Maloney 365 - Father Gorman Lecture: "Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANEs) and the Care of Individuals Who Have Experienced Sexual Assault"
- Wed, Oct 14 at 3pm in Maloney Hall 365 - KILN meeting with juniors
- Wed, Oct 14 at 1pm in Maloney Hall 365 - KILN meeting with seniors
- Tues, Oct 13 at 6pm in Cadigan Alumni Center - Conexion Latina
- Sat, Oct 9 at 7:30am in Resort & Conference Center at Hyannis - Massachusetts Student Nurses' Association Conference: "Why Solidarity Matters"
- Thurs, Oct 8 at 3pm in Cushing Hall 411 - KILN meeting with freshmen
- Wed, Oct 7 at 6pm in Gasson Hall 100 - Dr. Rajiv Shah: Forum on Business Ethics
- Mon, Oct 5 at 7pm in Linda K. Paresky Conference Center (located at Simmons College) - Sexy After Cancer: Helping Patients Cope with Intimacy and Sexuality Challenges
- Mon, Oct 5 at 12pm in Cushing Hall 411 - KILN meeting with sophomores
- Fri, Oct 2 at 9:30am in Knafel Center (located at Harvard University) - Science Symposium:The Past, Present, and Future of DNA
- Tues, Sept 29 at 12pm in Maloney Hall 216 - KILN meeting with graduate students
- Wed, Sept 23 at 5pm in Shea Room (located on the South side of Conte Forum on the third floor) - KILN Kickoff - please email your regrets to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16
- Tues, Sept 22 at 8:15pm in Higgins Hall 310 - Student Nurses Association First General Meeting
- Tues, Sept 22 at 5pm in Emmanuel College Auditorium Administration Building - Nurses Improving Care for Health System Elders (NICHE): The History and Future - to RSVP please email email@example.com
- Thurs, Sept 17 at 6pm in UMASS Boston Campus Center Building Room 3545 - Emotional Intelligence and Appreciative Inquiry
- Tues, Sept 15 at 4pm in Robsham Theater - Clough Colloquium: Prime Minister Julia Gillard
This page links to PDF files. Use this link to download Adobe Reader if needed.
This page links to Microsoft Word formatted files. To view them, you will need to download the free Word Doc Viewer.