Diversity Challenge 2011
October 28-29, 2011
ISPRC's 11th Annual Diversity Challenge: Intersections of Race or Ethnic Culture with Gender or Sexual Orientation
Under the direction of Dr. Janet E. Helms, the Institute for the Study and Promotion of Race and Culture (ISPRC) sponsored its 11th annual Diversity Challenge at Boston College October 28-29, 2011. This year’s focus was the intersections of race or ethnic culture with gender or sexual orientation. The conference has increased in popularity over the years, drawing over 300 participants hosting more than 80 different sessions allowing scholars, practitioners, educators, community activists and policy makers a forum to extend the dialogue to address some of the unanswered questions from very different perspectives.
Featured presenters included:
- Jean Lau Chin, Ed.D. - Adelphi University
- Beverly Greene, Ph.D. - St. John's University
- Janet E. Helms, Ph.D. - Boston College
- Maryam Jernigan, Ph.D. - Yale University
- Lisa Paler, Ph.D. - Kingsborough Community College
- M. Brinton Lykes, Ph.D. - Boston College
- Michael Mobley, Ph.D. - Rutgers University
- Leyla Perez-Gualdron, Ph.D. - University of San Francisco
- V. Paul Poteat, Ph.D. - Boston College
- Y. Joel Wong, Ph.D. - Indiana University
The topics included in this year's workshops, individual presentations, symposia, structured discussions, and posters proved to be an exciting, thought provoking, and meaningful experience for all who attended.
View the Diversity Challenge Program Abstracts for a list of session descriptions and presenters.
This page links to PDF files. Use this link to download Adobe Reader if needed.