Partnering with City Connects makes a difference for students, schools, and families. For community agencies, involvement with City Connects means serving students better.
- Higher Statewide Test Scores
- Higher Standardized Test Scores - Elementary
- Less Chronic Absenteeism
- Less Retention in Grades
- Preventing Dropout
- Increasing Exam School Attendance
- Higher Report Card Scores - Elementary
- Current page: Higher Report Card Scores - Middle School
- Increased Health Knowledge
- Services Tailored to Students
- Community Agencies
Higher Report Card Scores - Middle School
In past years, we have demonstrated a significant positive effect on report card scores in elementary school. Further analysis demonstrates similar results for middle school report card scores; the positive effects of City Connects contintue after students leave a City Connects elementary school and move into middle school.
The analysis compared City Connects and comparison students' middle school grade point averages (GPAs). Across all grades, in all middle school GPA calculations, students formerly in City Connects demonstrated higher mean GPAs than those from comparison schools. Specifically:
- Students enrolled in City Connects elementary schools demonstrated significantly higher GPAs overall in Mathematics in grades 6, 7, and 8
- Similarly, students enrolled in City Connects elementary schools demonstrated significantly higher GPAs overall in English/Language Arts in grades 6 and 7
Citation: The Impact of City Connects: Progress Report 2012, p. 19-20.