Early Childhood Education
lynch school of education
The major in Early Childhood Education prepares students for teaching children without disabilities and children with mild disabilities in regular settings in kindergarten through grade three, in nursery schools, and in early intervention programs.
Courses in the program cover
- child development and learning including their applications to the classroom
- curriculum and models in early education
- teaching diverse learners and children with special needs
- the subject matter of reading, language arts and literature, mathematics, science, social studies, the arts, health, and physical education
- evaluation procedures
- methods for teaching problem solving and critical thinking skills
State Requirements (PDF)
Students are required to have pre-practicum and practicum experiences in the field and a second major.
This page links to PDF files. Use this link to download Adobe Reader if needed.