Undergraduate Degrees in the Lynch School
Make a difference, locally and globally
If you’re looking for academic excellence with a focus on social justice and community impact—you’ll find it at the Lynch School of Education.
The Lynch School features a variety of diverse majors, minors, certificates, and opportunities, all designed to give you practical experience improving the lives of children, families, and communities, at the local, state, national, and international levels.
With more than 100 partnerships with local schools, and community and business organizations, as well as service trips, study abroad opportunities, research assistantships, and practice-related scholarships, our students have a tangible impact and leave prepared for leadership positions.
And as a Lynch School student, you’re an invaluable part of a community of the Boston College community. By the time you graduate, you’ll be prepared for graduate study or a range of career paths. From public and private schools, community and social agencies, educational leadership in K-12 and higher education, as well as corporate and NGO settings, our students find success in both the public and private sectors.
- Learn the latest best practices for educating the next generation of leaders with a major in Elementary Education—and earn endorsement for Initial License upon graduation
- Dive deep into a specific discipline or broaden your knowledge base with a major in Secondary Education—and earn endorsement for Initial License upon graduation. Read about an alumnus from this program here.
- From counseling and educational psychology to social policy and community advocacy to human resources and management, a major in Applied Psychology and Human Development prepares you for a variety of careers. Read about an alumnus from this program here.
- Want to work across disciplines? See if one of our interdisciplinary majors is right for you.
- Expand your knowledge with a minor in Management & Leadership, Leadership in Higher Education & Community Settings, Middle School Mathematics Teaching, Educational Theatre, and numerous Arts & Sciences minors.
- Help meet the needs of an increasingly diverse population of learners with a concentration in Special Education.
- Learn to work more effectively with work with bilingual students with a Teaching English Language Learners certificate.
- The Lynch School supports students transitioning to college life with the First Year Experience, Reflection & Action seminar.
- Browse the course catalog.
- Read about course requirements.
- Ready to declare your major? Here's how.
- Get a head start on graduate study with our Fifth Year and Early Admit Programs.
- The Lynch School also offers minors for students from other Boston College schools and colleges: Inclusive Education, Applied Psychology and Human Development, Foundation in Education and Secondary Education.