The home of the Lynch School is a modern facility providing classrooms, educational resources, office suites, and meeting space.
Campion Hall is four stories in height and contains more than 100,000
square feet of useable space. A bright, airy three-story atrium is a major
feature of the eastern end of the building.
In 1991-92, Campion Hall went through extensive expansion and renovation.
A 45,000-square-foot wing was added to the original building, a small
library was expanded and re-appointed to serve as the Lynch School's Educational
Resources Center, and the interior was repainted, recarpeted, and refurbished.
The original Campion Hall was constructed in 1955, permitting the first
class of the School of Education (1956) to have their senior year classes
in their own building.
Also housed in Campion are the Campus School, which provides services
to multiply-handicapped children and youth; University Counseling Services;
and Media Technical Services.
Campion Hall is named after Saint Edmund Campion, an English teacher and Jesuit priest who was martyred in 1581.