pro bono program
Process for Participating Students
In order to participate in the Pro Bono Program, please take the following steps:
1) Arrange your placement with approval of the Pro Bono Program Committee and sign the Pro Bono Pledge.
2) Enter your pro bono service hours on Symplicity - see instructions to enter your time.
3) Once you have completed your hours for a term, print the report from Symplicity and have the report signed by your supervisor.
4) Return signed report to the Office of Career Services.
Students may begin participating in the Pro Bono Program at any time while enrolled at Boston College Law School.
1) Accumulating Hours:
a. In addition to client interaction, hours accumulated from pro bono work-related travel, trainings, meetings with supervisor, research, writing, etc. may be counted toward a participant’s hours.
b. Please submit your hours on Symplicity as follows*:
- By September 20th for Summer hours
- By December 20th for Fall hours
- By May 20th for Spring hours
ALL 3L PRO BONO HOURS ARE DUE MAY 1st!
c. First-year students are permitted to record a maximum of 15 hours of pro bono work in the fall and unlimited hours in the spring.
d. A maximum of 30 pro bono hours may be recorded for the first clinical or semester in practice. A maximum of 15 pro bono hours may be recorded for your second clinical or semester in practice.
2) Supervision: All placements must be supervised. Hours must be signed by your supervisor.
Return to Pro Bono Program Homepage