Financial management services (FMS) membership is open to fiscal entities serving participant-directed programs. As an FMS member, you will enjoy benefits such as:
- Access to online member forums, issue briefs, and Participant Direction 101/201 webinars
- Peer-to-peer learning opportunities
- The chance to contribute to the development of FMS industry best practices
- The opportunity to provide feedback to the IRS and other federal agencies
To receive more information about the FMS membership offering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-552-3513.
If you are a current member and would like to be added to the membership e-mail distribution list, please contact Sierra Horn at email@example.com or 617-552-3513.
Directory of current FMS members:
You may also access the following resources:
Upcoming Events for FMS Membership
April FMS Member Forum
Notice 2014-7 and Notice 2015-15: What Your Organization Needs To Know
Wednesday, April 1, 3-4pm EST
FMS Member Only
This webinar will focus on two key IRS Notices with profound potential impacts on FMS tax operations. First, the recent Q&A on Notice 2014-7 and its impact on FMS operations will be analyzed in depth. NRCPDS experts will cover key recommendations and considerations for your organization when handling federal tax withholding for workers who may receive “difficulty of care" payments. Time for questions will be included. The second part of the webinar will cover Notice 2015-15, a new proposed revenue procedure from the IRS that would require employers or agents to receive written authorization from employees before refunding over-collected FICA. The IRS is currently seeking comments on the Notice, and we urge members to prepare their feedback for submission. NRCPDS will submit comments and will work with members on this process.
Click Here to Register
Federal Tax Issues Conference Call
Guest Speaker: Judith Davis, IRS
Thursday, June 11, 3-4pm EST
FMS Member Only
Registration will open soon.
Please contact Sierra Horn, firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-552-3513, if you are experiencing any difficulties registering for events.
FMS Membership FAQ
The NRCPDS has more than a decade of experience making participant direction a reality across the nation. The Center builds on the lessons learned from the successful Cash & Counseling program, which has been implemented in 15 states.
At the Center, members of our staff are leading experts in the area of Financial Management Services and provide technical assistance in this area to participant-directed programs across the nation. The NRCPDS has hosted the biennial FMS Conference since 2005, the only FMS industry conference of its kind.
In order to develop a membership track for FMS providers, the NRCPDS convened a steering committee comprised of six organizations representing the FMS industry to lend their expertise. The steering committee developed a set of guiding principles for the FMS membership outlining the basic responsibilities of members and the NRCPDS.
Benefits include access to issue briefs, webinars, and the opportunity to contribute to a FMS industry code of standards and provide feedback to key federal stakeholders including the IRS. See the full benefits list.
Member agency representatives will be given a username and password to access the member section upon approval of membership. If you’re considering membership and would like a preview of the member area of the website, please contact us.
FMS members must meet specific criteria in order to join:
- The FMS provider has a current contract in good standing* with a participant-directed program
- The FMS provider serves at least one program with either employer authority, budget authority or both
- The FMS provider has served at least one participant-directed program for at least two full years and one full tax year
- If the prospective member is a Fiscal/Employer Agent, they file and deposit Federal taxes in the aggregate on behalf of program participants using a separate Employer Identification Number specifically for Fiscal/Employer Agent filings and deposits
- If the FMS provider provides Agency with Choice services, the Agency with Choice meets all of the following 5 components of a participant-directed Agency with Choice:
- The agency acts as the joint employer of workers referred by the participant
- The participant retains the right to recruit, select, train, supervise, and dismiss his/her workers
- The agency serves as the employer for tax filing and depositing purposes
- The agency manages either each participant’s budget or each participant’s service authorization on an individual basis
- An agency obtains professional liability insurance, general liability insurance, and workers’ compensation policies to cover workers where applicable
* “Good standing” will be determined based on a conversation with the contract administrator for a participant direction program provided by the applicant. NRCPDS will inquire with the contract administrator about the applicants’ performance and, based on the information provided, determine if the FMS provider applicant is in good standing.
If you are a participant and direct your own services, you may join the National Participant Network. If you represent a state-level agency, you are eligible for our program membership option.
If you are still interested in membership and do not fit in one of these categories, please contact us. We are interested to learn about your needs and determine how we can help.
In order to apply, please complete our application and submit via mail or e-mail to the following:
Sierra Horn, Grant Proposal & Award Administrator
NRCPDS, Boston College
314 Hammond Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Please contact us at email@example.com for an accessible version of the application.
A: As the convener of this membership, the NRCPDS will facilitate the group’s efforts to promote participant direction and provide educational opportunities and access to our Center’s wide array of resources. Membership will help you:
- Stay on top of national and state policy and program developments for participant direction and provide feedback to key stakeholders
- Get practical assistance and educational support in the FMS field
- Connect with peers in the FMS industry
We recognize that businesses are currently operating during difficult budget times and therefore we strive to maintain our dues at a low cost. Membership dues serve to cover the cost of providing member benefits. Dues rates are determined based on the number of participants your organization serves, please see our application for specific rates.
We also provide many free resources on our website including access to the larger NRCPDS library, videos on participant direction, and an online program map that depicts the availability of participant direction across the country
For FMS providers who currently subscribe to FMS Turbo, a subscription service offered by Annkissam, the NRCPDS will provide a $100 discount for member dues.
Not already an FMS Turbo subscriber? Contact us to learn more about how to qualify for a discount.
Staff members at any level may serve as an organization representative for the FMS membership. We recommend that member organizations select at least one leadership level staff person to serve as a representative.
Organization representatives will serve as the primary contact with the NRCPDS and gain access to our member-only area of the website.
Membership and access to benefits begins immediately upon approval of your organization’s application. Please allow two weeks for the review of member applications, or longer as needed to contact your program reference. Annual dues payment must be received within 90 days of membership approval.
Please contact our Sierra Horn with your questions 617-552-3513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.