On November 11, the university will officially recognize our name change to the Boston College School of Social Work, the original name of our school in 1936. We will mark this important event in our history by celebrating our presence at the very heart of Boston College's mission of social justice and service to others.
Students, faculty, staff, alumni, friends, and families are all invited to participate in the "Social Work is BC" event.
The evening will include:
- Faculty, student, and staff "surprise" celebrations and presentations of our school initiatives and programs
- Messages of congratulations from "around the school and the world" displayed through videos, photos, tweets, and displays
- Reception with music, food, and fun
- Kids activities
We'd love to see you at the event! Please RSVP and let us know how many members of your party will be in attendance.
Even if you're unable to come to the event, we'd love to hear from you. Just complete this statement: "Social Work is BC because..." via Twitter or a 10-15 second video, and we'll include your perspective as an important part of the celebration.
- Twitter: Please use the hashtag: #SocialWorkIsBC
- Video: Please submit your video by October 24, 2014 — guidelines for the video (PDF)
Of course, you can submit a video and also celebrate with us in McGuinn Auditorium on November 11.
For questions or more information, contact Nate Herpich in the BC Social Work Office of Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org.