Skip to main content
Boston College School of Social Work
Director of the
Doctoral Program in Social Work

Marcie Pitt-Catsouphes

Professor Marcie Pitt-Catsouphes is the Director of the BCSSW Doctoral Program in Social Work. Check out our blog to learn about Dr. Pitt-Catsouphes' research on the aging workforce and read about her keynote speech at the Society for Social Work & Research's (SSWR) annual meeting.


PhD Financial Aid

Banner for BCSSW Scolarship Database

All accepted doctoral students receive merit-based financial support. Students at the Boston College School of Social work receive a multi-year full tuition package worth more than $125,000. This fellowship also provides a living stipend. The award in the first year is a $20,000 non-service stipend. In the second and third years, the award is a $20,000 service stipend. In the fourth year, the award is a $20,000 non-service stipend.

Boston College also awards an annual diversity fellowship which provides additiona funding.

Advanced students are helped to secure dissertation grants and fellowships from a wide array of foundations and governmental sources. Newly-admitted students can additionally search the password-protected BCSSW Scholarship Database. In addition, teaching assistantships and research assistantships are available from faculty research and training grants. A select group of advanced doctoral students are also recruited to teach part-time at Boston area colleges and universities.

Students may also apply for need-based financial aid through the University.

Federal Financial Aid

The Office of Student Services administers and awards need-based federal financial aid programs. Please review their Financial Aid website for information and deadlines.

Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the federal processor. Boston College School Code 002128. FAFSAs are available at the Office of Student Services Financial Aid website or from FAFSA.

Submit the Boston College Graduate Financial Aid Application to the Office of Student Services.

If requested by Student Services, submit a signed copy of your (and your spouse's, if married and filed separately) most recent Federal Income Tax Return.

Upon receipt of these documents and the School of Social Work's notification of the applicant's acceptance, Student Services will review the application and notify the student regarding eligibility.

For information on financial aid terms and conditions, disbursement, loan repayment, continued eligibility for aid programs, and rights and responsibilities, contact:

Boston College
Office of Student Services
Lyons Hall
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Phone: 617-552-3300