- Advanced Standing & Transfer Students: January 15, 2016
- 2-Year, Full-Time Program: March 1, 2016
- 3-Year Program: Rolling Admissions (pending space availability)
Request an information packet.
Two- and three-year program enrollment begins in September only. We begin reviewing completed applications in January for all programs.
Qualified candidates greatly outnumber the spaces available, so we recommend applying as early as possible. Our application instructions will help guide you through the process.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and a broad liberal arts background with at least 20 semester hours in the social, behavioral, and/or biological sciences.
- A strong undergraduate record demonstrating the ability to complete graduate education. No standardized tests are required; however, non-traditional transcripts or junior/senior GPAs below 3.0 may be strengthened with the Miller Analogies Test or Graduate Record Examination (GRE). BCSSW School Code is 3219 and BCSSW Department Code is 5199.
- Evidence of English language proficiency on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for students whose first language is not English. TOEFL should be taken no later than the October prior to the year in which admission is sought. BCSSW School Code is 5939 and BCSSW Department Code is 95. The IELTS test can be substituted with a score of 7.5 or above. An official score report should be mailed to the address below.
- The Admissions Committee attaches particular importance to knowledge of current social issues. Professional or volunteer experience in human services is considered; however, academic credit is not given for life or previous work experience.
An interview is not required but may be requested by the Admissions Committee. An informational interview with the Director of Admissions may be scheduled by calling the Admissions office at 617-552-4024 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Sessions are offered during the fall and winter on our main campus at Chestnut Hill and at our Worcester site.
The school is proud to welcome students from all over the world. Recent incoming classes have included students from the Philippines, Uganda, Mexico, Ireland, Nepal, Nigeria, Japan, Laos, Poland, Sierra Leone, and Nigeria. Early application is encouraged in order to meet deadlines for visa processing, travel and housing arrangements, and University orientation.
For more information on applying as an international student, visit the International Applicants page.
School of Social Work
McGuinn Hall 221
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467