Training + Development
The Social Innovation LAB offers a solution-focused experience, training leaders and team members to generate innovative responses to social problems. Opportunities for personal and organizational growth include:
- Engaging team members in the generation of promising ideas for social innovation
- Facilitating intensive team interactions to develop core components of social innovation models
- Supporting and developing leadership skills and capacity for managing social innovation projects and innovation teams
Agency leaders and team members will participate in guided, interactive experiences.
Two to four Project Champions from each participating organization diagnose a social problem or opportunity facing the organization.
Project Champions are briefed and prepared for LAB process.
Project Champions invite six to twelve employees and/or community members to Innovation Team; Innovation Team Orientation.
Project Champions and Innovation Teams generate innovative responses to identified social issues.
Event revisiting projects and celebrating agency accomplishments; Delivery of a customized summary report with information about your agency's LAB experience.
Benefits + Opportunities
Participating organizations will:
- Develop one or more custom solution prototypes to address agency responses to social problems.
- Exchange feedback through peer-to-peer consulting and dialogue on sustained change.
- Network in a community of non-profit and human service organization innovators.
- Practice fostering and supporting innovation.
- Provide development and leadership opportunities to team members.
- Receive a customized summary report with information about your agency's LAB experience.
There is no fee associated with participation. The LAB is fully supported by the Boston College School of Social Work.
Continuing Education Units
Social work CEUs will be available.
Chair: Stephanie Berzin, PhD, Phone: 617-552-0197