Portico Teaching Assistants
Junior and Senior Teaching Assistants are vital to the Portico Program. Duties include:
- Collaborating, both in and out of the classroom, with the Portico faculty team.
- Introducing yourself (via mail or email) to your advisees during the summer.
- Participating in a two-day summer training program.
- Leading the Portico excursion.
- Attending your assigned section of Portico (which will meet two times per week for 50 minutes each).
- Attend the Monday night evening sessions.
- Meeting with students, both in and out of class times, to:
- Coach group projects
- Advise for course registration
- Mentor co-curricular opportunities
- Facilitate the overall transition to Boston College
Please note: you must be at BC for the entire academic year. If you plan to study abroad during the academic year, you should wait until next year to apply. Also, priority will be given to candidates who are rising seniors.
Contact Ethan Sullivan, Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Curriculum, if you have any questions.