for students serious about getting a head start in their career
We are once again offering this 8 week on-campus comprehensive Career Development module. The program is a one credit pass/fail course (UGMG2222).
What is it?
It is a one credit pass/fail course consisting of eight 90 minute sessions designed to ensure that you learn the following:
- How to identify your top skills and explore career fields that are a good match.
- Write an effective resume/cover letter.
- How to talk about yourself to employers, you will learn from some actual employers about what they look for and how to communicate effectively with them.
- You will get to practice networking with BC alumni and actually conduct an informational interview with a BC alumni through the Eagle Expert Network.
- How to Interview to get the job. You will learn about interviewing from employers/upperclassmen and conduct a video mock interview with an alum/employer from the Eagle Expert Network.
- How to dress to impress-learn from a professional stylist what you need to wear to all these different employer and networking events, how to make a positive first impression. Learn from Style expert Margaret Batting.
- How to use Social Media to your advantage - You will develop a strong LinkedIn page and learn how to convey a positive image through social media, also how to use social media to network with the right people. Learn from expert/author Lindsey Pollak.
Speakers participating in the on-campus Sophomore Accelerator include:
- Margaret Batting, President and Founder of Maragret Batting Image Communications, "Developing your professional image for College and Beyond"
- Lindsey Pollack, Ambassador for LinkedIn, Spokesperson for The Hartford, and author of Getting from College to Career, "Using social media in your internship search"