In the news
- The Heights reports that Exowear’s wearables will track and motivate people undergoing physical therapy.
- BC group aims to stem shortage of women in high tech. BC’s Women Innovators Network (WIN) is working to encourage more women to seek careers at the intersection of technology and business, according to the Heights.
- VC traces career success to BC. Peter Bell ’86 a partner at Highland Capital Partners, told a group of students at a Shea Center Lunch with an Entrepreneur, “Everything I’ve done professionally has tied back to people from BC.”, The Heights
- A BC Startup Lets Parents Track Kids Safety While Taking the School Bus, BostInno
- 'A Promising Start' Coverage of the Forbes Competition, BC News
- MIT Seeks to Drive Innovative Startups with the Engine, The Heights
- Forbes Announces Finalist for its 1 Million Change the World Competitions for Entrepreneurs, Forbes
- 2016 Elevator Pitch Competition, The Heights
- Boston College expands efforts to graduate 'start-up ready' students, VentureFizz
- Shea Center will serve as academic partner for 'Change the World' Competition at Forbes Under 30 Summit, Boston College Chronicle
- Shea Center & Boston College selected as official academic partner for Forbes Under 30 Summit Change-the-World-Competitions, BC News
- Official press release about Shea Center & Boston College's partnership with Forbes for their Under 30 Summit Competitions, Forbes
- Forbes 30 Under 30 Summit to award $1M to young entrepreneurs, Boston Globe
- Ashton Kutcher and Forbes partner with Boston College to host startup competitions in Boston this Fall, Boston Business Journal
- Forbes to host startup pitch competitions with prize amounts up to $1M, BostInno
- Learn about each of the winners from this year's Shea Venture Competition, BC News
- Read about the 2016 Shea Venture Competition Winners, Boston College Chronicle
- Shea Center's Jere Doyle & Kelsey Kinton recieve the Momentum Award, The Heights
- MOcean Makes Waves, BC student team to participate in Atlantic Coast Conference’s inaugural ACC InVenture Prize competition
- Brian Harrington '89, former Zipcar EVP & CMO, joins Shea Center as first entrepreneur-in-residence, Boston College Chronicle
- Igniting Innovation: Learn about the namesake and inspiration behind the Shea Center in Light the World.
- Innovating The Student Body: Entrepreneurship in the Morrissey College, The Heights
- The Shea Center partnered with Rough Draft Ventures to set up office hours with BC grad and CEO of Jebbit. Read about the three insights he shared about being a student entrepreneur.
- The Heights reported on Meet @ Shea event calling it "The Next Wave of Disruption in Business Education at Boston College".
- The Heights cover the keynote address by Phil Schiller during the Shea Center Dedication and Inaugural Symposium.
- Shea Center Dedication and Inaugural Symposium Spotlights Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Boston College Chronicle
- BostInno covers the Boston College 2015 Elevator Pitch Competition.
- BC-educated designer Alex Truesdell is a 2015 MacArthur “genius,” winning the award for her work with adaptive toys and furniture for disabled children.
- A clutch of Eagles—Tom Coburn of Jebbit, Chase McAleese of Pretty Instant, and Riley Soward of Campus Insights—have been named players in the Boston startup scene by BostInno.
- LA Times reported on BC alumna, Molly McAleer ’06, selling her startup to Time, Inc.
- Boston College Chronicle discusses the launch of the new entrepreneurship center and what it means for the University.