Effective September 2015*
MSF students in the Carroll School’s full-time program can complete the program in one full year of study following the curriculum below.
(10 Courses = 7 Core Courses and 3 Elective Courses = 30 Credit Hours)
Please also reference the Full-Time Curriculum prerequisite coursework.
7 CORE COURSES
1. MFIN8801: Investments
2. MFIN8807: Corporate Finance
3. MFIN8820: Management of Financial Institutions
4. MFIN8852: Financial Econometrics
5. MFIN8860: Derivatives and Risk Management (pre-req MFIN8801)
6. One of the Following two:
a. MFIN8821: Corporate Valuation and Restructuring (pre-req MFIN8807) FALL
b. MFIN8881: Theory of Corproate Finance (pre-req MFIN8807) SPRING
7. One of the following two:
a. MFIN8803: Portfolio Theory (pre-req MFIN8801)
b. MFIN8880: Fixed Income Analysis (pre-req MFIN8801)
3 ELECTIVE COURSES
- These electives must be at the MFIN66XX or MFIN88XX level.
- ACCT8824: Financial Statement Analysis can be counted as a finance elective.
- MFIN77XX level courses are for full-time MBA students only.
- Electives may have more than one pre-requisite. Please check Agora under “Course Information and Schedule” for specifics.
- Other elective choices require department permission from Professor Michael Barry (firstname.lastname@example.org).
As noted in course descriptions, some upper level electives have prerequisite requirements. Please make note of this and DO NOT register for courses for which you do not have the necessary prerequisites. If you do, you will be dropped from the course. Please see Courses & Schedules for specifics.
Additionally, please note that all 7000 level courses are for the full-time MBA students only, and as you may expect, you are not eligible to enroll in these courses. Ineligible students who do register for 7000 level courses will be dropped from them.
COMMUNITY SERVICE REQUIREMENT
The Carroll School is committed to instilling a strong sense of community service in its students. In an effort to align this commitment with the program, all MSF students must complete 10 hours of service to others through meaningful work as volunteers.
* Students who began the MSF program prior to September 2015 will follow the curriculum that was in place at the time of their admission.