The Carroll School of Management seeks to enroll a diverse class of of bright and creative future business leaders. We seek candidates who are driven to make an impact in business and society.
In evaluating MBA applications, the Admissions Committee looks for academic excellence, strong work experience, and outstanding potential for leadership. Courses in business administration or management are not required, but students are expected to be proficient in communication skills and mathematics.
Applicants are required to apply online, and notification of all admission decisions will be made through our online system.
Applicants for admission to the BC MBA Program must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. With few exceptions, at least two years of professional work experience is required.
The following materials should be submitted with the online application form:
- Your current resume, including education and employment history
- Transcripts from every college or university in which you were enrolled in a degree-granting program
- GMAT or GRE scores from within the past five years (GMAT is preferred); GMAT school code: 44x-J5-96, GRE school code: 3033
- TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores (if applicable) from within the past two years: TOEFL school code is 3033
- A separate Employment History, using the form provided within the online application
- Recommendation from an individual who can provide an objective appraisal of your capacity for intensive graduate study and your potential for professional success
- Personal essay
- Nonrefundable application fee of $100 USD
Additionally, Full-Time MBA candidates are asked to complete evaluative interviews at the invitation of the Admissions Committee.
If you are not a citizen of the United States, please view requirements for international applicants.
If you applied to any of the graduage programs at the Carroll School in 2014-2015 but did not enroll, please review our re-application process.
If you are a current student in the Carroll School interested in applying to either the MBA/MSA or MBA/MSF dual degree programs, please use the application for current students.
A personal essay is required to apply to the BC MBA Program. You may also submit one additional optional essay with your application. All essays should be limited to 500 words in length, typed in 12-point font, and double-spaced. The essay questions are:
Personal Essay: Please discuss how you plan to achieve your short and long term career goals. What challenges will you face and how will you leverage your academic and professional experiences to achieve these goals?
Optional Essay (select one):
1. Please introduce yourself to the BC community. Feel free to be creative in expressing your message.
2. If you have not had coursework in core business subjects (accounting, finance, microeconomics, statistics), or if your standardized test scores are low, please tell us how you plan to prepare for the quantitative rigor of the BC curriculum.
3. Is there any aspect of your candidacy that you would like to explain in more detail?
For priority consideration, submit your application by the earliest date possible. Applications submitted after the last deadline are reviewed on a space-available basis, in the order in which they are received.
| Round 1
||November 1, 2015||January 15, 2016|
|Round 2*||January 15, 2016||March 15, 2016|
|Round 3||March 15, 2016||May 1, 2016|
|Round 4||April 15, 2016||June 1, 2016|
*All MBA Dual Degree applicants should apply by January 15, 2016.
|January 2016||October 15, 2015||December 1, 2015|
| September 2016 Round 1
||April 1, 2016||May 15, 2016|
|September 2016 Round 2||May 1, 2016||June 15, 2016|
Applications for January 2016 are still being accepted on a rolling basis.
The following represents the estimated tuition and fees for the Full-Time and Part-Time MBA Programs for the 2014-2015 academic year.
FULL-TIME MBA PROGRAM EXPENSES
|Tuition Rate (per semester, 2014-2015)||$22,760|
|Academic Year Living Expense||$14,805|
|Books and Fees||$1,500|
|Summer Living Expenses||$6,020|
PART-TIME MBA PROGRAM EXPENSES
|Tuition Fee (per credit hour, 2014-2015)||$1,550|
|Total Credits in Evening MBA Program||56|
|Books and Fees||$1,500|
*Medical insurance is required if not provided by employer.
The Carroll School of Management offers a wide range of merit-based graduate assistantships and scholarships to both domestic and international Full-Time students. No additional application materials are required for scholarship consideration.
The University also offers loan and work-study programs to help students finance their educations.
All candidates for admission to the Full-Time MBA Program are considered for a merit scholarship award. Scholarships range in value and are typically awarded to exceptionally strong candidates. These institutional awards are determined by committee and administered at the point of admission.
The Office of Financial Services seeks to help graduate students eligible for financial aid meet the costs of their education at Boston College. All U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens may be considered for need-based financial aid.
If there is any information about the admission process you were not able to find, please visit our Admissions FAQs.