Directed Study (Readings or Research) Policy
Directed Studies are exclusively for subjects considered to be of merit that are not addressed in conventional courses. They are intended to allow students to study material not included in courses in the Graduate School of Management, as a complement to carefully designed programs of study. Directed Studies require a written proposal of study prepared by the students and signed by the faculty member.
The proposal is presented to the department's chair and requires his/her written approval.
Any adjunct faculty member working with a student on an independent study requires the additional approval of the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs.
- Directed Studies are for CGSOM students only.
- Directed Study projects should typically be sponsored by full-time faculty. Any exceptions to the above policy should be made by the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs.
- Directed Studies are voluntary for both faculty and student.
- Directed Studies require a written proposal of study prepared by the student and signed by the faculty. The proposals will be presented to the department chair and required his/her written approval.
- The maximum number of credits from all Directed Studies should not exceed six (6) credits for any given student.
- Students are not eligible for Directed Studies in their first semester.
- Directed Studies are only allowed on elective course work.
Upon approval by the department chair, the student should forward the approval email to Gerald Power (email@example.com) to be formally enrolled.