CFA Prep Course at Boston College*
During the spring 2017 semester, Boston College will be hosting a CFA Prep Program for its Graduate Management students. Students who register for and successfully complete this program will be able to count it as a three credit elective towards their degree. This course will be graded on the basis that it is a CFA Prep course and not the actual exam. Registration will open on November 1, 2016.
Once you have enrolled in the course, a check in the amount of $4,000 should be made payable to the Trustees of Boston College and mailed to:
Carroll School of Management
140 Commonwealth Ave.
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Attn: Kathryn Najarian, Cushing 202
Full-Time MBA students: The cost of this course is covered under the flat-rate tuition
Deadline to Enroll:
December 1, 2016
December 15, 2016
Evening Students please note the following: If you need federal funding to pay for your education, you must register formally for 6 credits on the University system and take this course in addition to those 6 credits. This course does not count towards the 6 credits nor is this course eligible for federal funding. If you register for only 3 credits, you will not be eligible for federal funding for the spring 2017 semester.
What is the CFA designation?
- The CFA® Charter is a globally recognized, graduate-level investment credential.
- Earning it demonstrates a Commitment to professional ethics and expertise with the broad range of skills needed for competitive careers in the investment profession.
- To earn the CFA charter you must complete the CFA program.
What is its relevance to my career?
- As the global marketplace becomes increasingly competitive, employers recognize the CFA charter as a reliable way to differentiate the most qualified job applicants and the most committed employees. As a result, employers are increasingly seeking those who have earned the CFA credential, often listing it as a requirement in job advertisements
How well is it recognized? CFA charter is one of the best known designations in the world:
- There are more than 90,000 CFA charter holders working over 135 countries around the world.
- Regulatory bodies in 19 countries recognize the CFA charter as a proxy for meeting certain licensing requirements.
- More than 125 distinguished colleges and universities around the world have incorporated a majority of the CFA program curriculum into their own courses, including New York University, INSEAD, Peking University.
|Current BC Faculty|
|Stephanie Jernigan, Ph.D.||Visiting Lecturer, Operation Mgt. Dept.,
|Darren Kisgen, Ph.D.||Associate Professor, Finance Dept.
|Alan Marcus, Ph.D.||Mario J. Gabelli Professorship, Finance Dept.
|Ronnie Sadka, Ph.D.||Professor, Chairperson, Finance Dept.
|Billy Soo, Ph.D.||Associate Professor, Accounting Dept.
|Hassan Tehranian, Ph.D.||Griffith Family Millennium Chair in Finance Professor, Senior Associate Dean for Faculty, Finance Dept.
|Elliott Smith, MSF, CPA||Senior Lecturer, Finance Dept.