Denis O’Brien, BC MBA’82 Fellowship
Global business leader, entrepreneur, philanthropist, and humanitarian advocate Denis O’Brien, who received an MBA from Boston College in 1982, has generously created the Denis O’Brien Fellowship at the university. Irish citizens who matriculate in the Carroll School of Management’s full-time MBA program may qualify for the Denis O’Brien Fellowship.
Candidates for the fellowship must be Irish citizens whose academic, professional, and other accomplishments reflect the high professional and personal standards of Mr. O’Brien, one of Ireland’s most prominent entrepreneurial and philanthropic leaders.
The O’Brien Fellowship will cover the full cost of attendance, including tuition, fees, books, and living expenses for two years (or the duration of the MBA program), as well as international travel. Eligible candidates will receive consideration for the fellowship during the initial application review by the Admissions Committee.
The admission of two O’Brien Fellows to our two-year MBA program will begin in the fall of 2018.
The Carroll School of Management seeks to enroll a diverse class of bright and creative future business leaders. We seek candidates who are driven to make an impact in business and society.
In evaluating applications for consideration for the Denis O’Brien Fellowship, Dean Andy Boynton and members of the MBA Admissions Committee look for academic excellence, strong work experience, and outstanding potential for leadership. Courses in business administration or management are not required, but students are expected to be proficient in communication skills and mathematics.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS & DEADLINES
Boston College welcomes applications from graduates of accredited colleges and universities. Please submit the online application for admission, together with the following materials:
- Current resume, including education and employment history
- Academic transcripts from every college or university in which you were enrolled in a degree-granting program
- GMAT or GRE scores from within the past five years; GMAT school code: 44x-J5-96, GRE school code: 3033
- Employment History, using the form provided within the online application
- Recommendation from an individual who can provide an objective appraisal of your capacity for rigorous graduate study and your potential for professional success
- Personal essay, 500 words, 12 point font, double-spaced
- Application fee of $100 USD is waived for Irish citizens. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting your application to receive waiver.
- Admission interview by a member of the MBA Admission Committee
A class profile of the BC MBA Class of 2016 can be found on the BC website. This profile includes data on both the applicant pool and enrolling class, including academic measures, professional profile, and diversity.
Applications must be received by January 16, 2018 and complete (all application requirements met) by February 16, 2018. Fellowship decision notification will be made by March 16, 2018. By entering into the application process, applicants must agree to share select application and biographical information with the O'Brien Foundation.
For more information: