Gregory L. Stoller
adjunct lecturer - operations management department
M.B.A., Harvard Business School
B.S., Cornell University
Greg Stoller is actively involved in building entrepreneurship and international business programs at Boston College. He is the director for the core M.B.A. business planning course. He also teaches second-year courses in global strategy and management as well as electives in entrepreneurial finance and international entrepreneurship. Stoller is the director of the Asian International Management Experience Program, and the Asian International Consulting Project.
He also actively mentors graduate school teams which participate in competitions such as the Venture Capital Investment Competition, the Rice University Business Plan Competition, and MassChallenge.
Stoller is a published author of the book Strategies in Entrepreneurial Finance with Accompanying Case Studies, and business articles detailing the successful practices of U.S. and international firms. He is a reporter, contributor and periodic co-host of the broadcast Radio Entrepreneurs and co-creator/host of the nationally aired television show the Language of Business. He also regularly works with the press providing commentary and analysis on domestic and international business issues. Previously he taught as an adjunct faculty member at Boston University's Graduate School of Management. He speaks, reads and writes fluent Japanese, Mandarin Chinese and French, and basic Cantonese Chinese, Korean and Spanish.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS AND AWARDS
- 2013 Boston College IDES Teaching with New Media Award
- 2011 Carroll School Graduate Faculty Member of the Year
- 2009 Boston College IDES Teaching with New Media Award
- 2006 Olympus National Innovation Award Nomination, NCIIA
- Strategies in Entrepreneurial Finance: With Accompanying Case Studies, Northcoast Publishers, 2006.
- "ViewPoint: Does your elevator pitch really floor the audience?” Boston Business Journal. (October 17, 2014).
- "Viewpoint: Pound the pavement to get a leg up on your competition." Boston Business Journal. (July 4, 2014).
- "LoJack: Honing In on the Route to Strategic Success." Online Journal of International Case Analysis. (Spring 2014).
- “Giving Away Precious Time: Priceless.” Boston Business Journal. (April 18, 2014).
- “Rethinking in China,” Language of Business Blog. (February 14, 2014).
- "Banking on Global Commerce." Boston Business Journal. (December 6, 2013).
- "Raising the Bar for Entrepreneurs." Boston Business Journal. (October 4, 2013).
- "Leaving Nails Sticking Up." Boston Business Journal. (July 5, 2013).
- "Mirror on Japan." Hotelie Magazine, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration, Spring 2011.
- "Professor Greg Stoller Discusses The Hong Kong Protests,” NightSide national radio, WBZ 1030 AM. (October 7, 2014).
- "Professor Gregory Stoller Returns From China," NightSide national radio, WBZ 1030 AM. (June 23, 2014).
- “Do You Need A Formal Business Plan?,” Something You Should Know. (April 2, 2014).
- “Professor Gregory Stoller Talks About China,” NightSide national radio call in show, WBZ 1030 AM. (February 10, 2014).
Stoller is currently the President of Coolidge Plaza, LLC, a real estate holding company that buys, sells, and operates commercial and residential properties in the metropolitan Boston area. He was previously the Financial Planning Manager at ZOOTS, a retail dry cleaning start-up, responsible for strategy development, and sourcing and evaluation of real estate locations. Stoller’s real estate career began at Realty Financial Partners, a development and operations company, as the assistant to the CFO.
His international experience formally started at the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo, Japan, where he was recruited and selected as the first full-time, American staff member in the hotel's history, which at that time was 104 years old. After returning to the U.S., Stoller joined Shiva Corporation as the Asia Pacific and Latin America Market Development Manager.
Stoller is very active with philanthropic work, serving as a Board Member or Trustee for several organizations, in the areas of strategic planning and investment management.