assistant professor - management and organization department
Fulton Hall 434
Ph.D., Arizonia State University
M.B.A., University of Illinois at Chicago
B.S., Northwestern University
Professor Schinoff's research interests include individual and organizational identity, identification processes, and relationships at work.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- John W. Teets Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, April 2016 (for Spring 2016 Negotiations).
- MOC Outstanding Student Reviewer Award, MOC Division, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Corley, K.G., & Schinoff, B.S. Who, Me? (2017). An inductive study of novice experts in the context of how editors come to understand theoretical contribution. Academy of Management Perspectives, 31: 4-27.
- Ashforth, B.E., Schinoff, B.S., & Rogers, K.M. (2016). “I identify with her,” “I identify with him”: Unpacking the dynamics of personal identification in organizations. Academy of Management Review, 41: 28-60.
- Ashforth, B.E., & Schinoff, B.S. (2016). Identity under construction: How individuals come to define themselves in organizations. In F.P. Morgeson (Ed.), Annual Review of Organizational Psychology and Organizational Behavior, vol. 3: 111-137. Palo Alto, CA: Annual Reviews.
- Schinoff, B.S., Rogers, K.M., & Corley, K.G. (2016). How do we communicate who we are? Examining how organizational identity is conveyed to members. In M.G. Pratt, M. Schultz, B.E. Ashforth, & D. Ravasi (Eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Organizational Identity: 219- 238. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Masterson, C.R., Corley, K.G., & Schinoff, B.S. (2016). Innovation through collaboration: Working together on data analysis and interpretation. In R.M. Kramer & K.D. Elsbach (Eds.), Handbook of Innovative Qualitative Research Methods: Pathways to Cool Ideas and Interesting Papers: 331-340. New York: Routledge.
- Positive Relationships at Work Microcommunity, Steering Committee Member, 2014 – Present
- Management Department Representative, W.P. Carey PhD Student Leadership Team, 2014 – 2015
- Ad-hoc Reviewer, Human Relations
- Member, MOC Division Social Media Team, 2016 – Present
- Reviewer, Academy of Management, MOC Division, 2013 – Present
- Contributor, ASQ Student Blog, 2015