Jeffrey L. Ringuest
professor – operations management department
Fulton Hall 347
Ph.D., M.S., Clemson University
B.S., A.E.T., Roger Williams College
Jeffrey L. Ringuest is Associate Dean for Graduate Programs at the Carroll School of Management and Professor of Management Science. He was previously the Director of Graduate Curriculum and Research and Chair of the Operations and Strategic Management Department.
Dean Ringuest has taught a variety of courses in management science and operations management. He has also taught an executive seminar on “Optimizing Business Decisions Using Computer Spreadsheets” for the Management Center at Boston College. And he has developed and administered multiple programs for international executives and executive MBA students. He held prior appointments at Louisiana State University where he also taught in executive programs for bank professionals and others.
His research interests are in the area of multicriteria decision making including computational problems, the interface between classical decision theory and multiple objective mathematical programming, and the application of these techniques to problems in research and development, and technology management.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS AND AWARDS
- 2011-present, AACSB Associate Deans Affinity Group Steering Committee
- “Patient Project Management: Discounting with Hyperbolic Functions,” Managerial and Decision Economics, Vol. 33, 2012, pp. 453-462 (co-authored with S. B. Graves).
- “Probabilistic Dominance Criteria for Comparing Uncertain Alternatives: A Tutorial,” Omega – The International Journal of Management Science, Vol.37, 2009, pp. 346-357 (co-authored with S. B. Graves).
- “A Multiobjective Evolutionary Approach for Linearly Constrained Project Selection Under Uncertainty,” European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 179, 2007, pp. 869-894 (co-authored with A. Medaglia and S. B. Graves).
- “Formulating Optimal R&D Portfolios,” Research-Technology Management, Vol. 48, No. 6, November-December 2005, pp.42-47 (co-authored with S. B. Graves).
- "Mean-Gini Analysis in R&D Portfolio Selection," European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 154, 2004, pp. 157-169 (co-authored with S. B. Graves and R. H. Case).
- Models and Methods for Project Selection: Concepts from Management Science, Finance and Information Technology, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 2003, 193 pages (co-authored with S. B. Graves).
- Multiobjective Optimization: Behavioral and Computational Considerations, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 1992, 169 pages.
Dean Ringuest is a member of the Decision Sciences Institute, the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences, the International Society for Multiple Criteria Decision Making, The International Society for the Theory and Application of Multi-Objective Decision Analysis, and the Society of Decision Professionals. He has been a reviewer of grant proposals for the National Collegiate Inventors & Innovators Alliance since 2005.