Jeffrey L. Ringuest
professor – operations management department
Ph.D., M.S., Clemson University
B.S., A.E.T., Roger Williams College
Jeffrey L. Ringuest is a Professor of Operations Management in the Carroll School of Management. He was previously the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs, and Director of Graduate Curriculum and Research in the Carroll School of Management; and Chair of the Operations and Strategic Management Department. He has an M.S. and Ph.D. in Systems Engineering from Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina.
Professor Ringuest has taught a variety of courses in management science and statistics. He currently teaches Business Statistics and Sports Analytics. Professor Ringuest has held prior appointments at Louisiana State University
Professor Ringuest is the author of Multiobjective Optimization: Behavioral and Computational Considerations, Kluwer Academic Press, 1992 and the coauthor of Models and Methods for Project Selection: Concepts from Management Science, Finance and Information Technology, Kluwer Academic Press, 2003. He has also published in Computers and Operations Research, Decision Sciences, the European Journal of Operational Research, the IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Management Science, Managerial and Decision Economics, Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, Mathematical Modelling, Operations Research Letters, Socio-Economic Planning Sciences and others. His research interests are in the area of managerial decision making and the application of analytics to problems in research and development, technology management and sports analytics.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS AND AWARDS
- 2011-present, AACSB Associate Deans Affinity Group Steering Committee
- “Patient Project Management: Discounting with Hyperbolic Functions,” Managerial and Decision Economics, Vol. 33, 2012, pp. 453-462 (co-authored with S. B. Graves).
- “Probabilistic Dominance Criteria for Comparing Uncertain Alternatives: A Tutorial,” Omega – The International Journal of Management Science, Vol.37, 2009, pp. 346-357 (co-authored with S. B. Graves).
- “A Multiobjective Evolutionary Approach for Linearly Constrained Project Selection Under Uncertainty,” European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 179, 2007, pp. 869-894 (co-authored with A. Medaglia and S. B. Graves).
- “Formulating Optimal R&D Portfolios,” Research-Technology Management, Vol. 48, No. 6, November-December 2005, pp.42-47 (co-authored with S. B. Graves).
- "Mean-Gini Analysis in R&D Portfolio Selection," European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 154, 2004, pp. 157-169 (co-authored with S. B. Graves and R. H. Case).
- Models and Methods for Project Selection: Concepts from Management Science, Finance and Information Technology, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 2003, 193 pages (co-authored with S. B. Graves).
- Multiobjective Optimization: Behavioral and Computational Considerations, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 1992, 169 pages.
Dean Ringuest is a member of the Decision Sciences Institute, the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences, the International Society for Multiple Criteria Decision Making, The International Society for the Theory and Application of Multi-Objective Decision Analysis, and the Society of Decision Professionals. He has been a reviewer of grant proposals for the National Collegiate Inventors & Innovators Alliance since 2005.