Linda Boardman Liu
assistant professor of the practice, assistant chairperson - operations management department
D.B.A., Boston University
M.B.A., Simmons College School of Management
B.S., Merrimack College
Dr. Linda Boardman Liu joined the Carroll School faculty in 2011, bringing with her extensive experience in service operations in the telecommunications field. Her professional experience in the areas of process management, performance management, operations planning and control, and project management are invaluable in the classroom. In her teaching, Boardman Liu frequently draws on both formal academic models and professional experience and encourages students to test theoretical ideas against operational realities. Dr. Boardman Liu is passionate about life-long learning and strives to instill this philosophy in her students by creating a learning environment that engages them in the subject matter. To this end she uses a mix of traditional textbook work, in-class simulations, and in-depth case analysis. She has taught courses in Operations Management, Operations Strategy, Quantitative Analysis, Project Management and Service Operations. Dr. Boardman Liu's primary research interests are in empirical studies examining the design, characteristics, and management of operations systems with a particular focus on quality and innovation in service operations.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS AND AWARDS
- 2012–present, Associate Department Chair, Operations Management
- 2009, Elected to Beta Gamma Sigma
- 2008, Instructional Innovation Award, Decision Sciences Institute
- Shapiro, Mary. Duffy, Susan. Boardman Liu, Linda (2011). The Academic-Practitioner Debate: A False Dichotomy? Eastern Academy of Management Proceedings.
- Heineke, J. Miele, L. Boardman Liu, L. Davies, J. (2010). Project Flip: A Project Management Case/Exercise Experience. Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, V8/1, pages 113-127.
- Boardman Liu, L. Berger, P. Zeng, A. Gerstenfield, A. (2008). Applying the Analytic Hierarchy Process to the Offshore Outsourcing Location Decision. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, V13/6, pages 435 - 449.
Dr. Boardman Liu is a member of the Decision Sciences Institute, Production and Operations Management Society, and the Project Management Institute. She serves as a reviewer for various conferences including Decision Sciences, Eastern Academy of Management, and Northeast Decisions Sciences. She is a board member of Northeast Decision Sciences Institute.