Samuel B. Graves
professor and chairperson - operations management department
D.B.A., The George Washington University
M.S., Operations Research, Air Force Institute of Technology
B.S., Basic Sciences, United States Air Force Academy
Professor Sam Graves has done research in the fields of quantitative optimization models for R&D investment, and social responsibility in public companies. His current research interest is in the field of behavioral issues in managerial decision making.
- Editorial Board: Journal of High Technology Management Research
- S. Graves and J. Ringuest, Patient project management: Discounting with hyperbolic functions. Managerial and Decision Economics, Vol. 33, 2012, pp. 453-462.
- S. Graves and J. Ringuest, Probabilistic dominance criteria for comparing uncertain alternatives: A tutorial. Omega-The International Journal of Management Science, 37 (2), 2009, pp. 346-357.
- A. Medaglia, J. Ringuest, and S. Graves, A multiobjective evolutionary approach for linearly constrained project selection under uncertainty. European Journal of Operations Research, 179 (3), 2007, pp. 869-894.
- J. Ringuest, S. Graves and R. Case, Mean-Gini analysis in R&D portfolio selection. European Journal of Operational Research, 154(1) 2004, pp. 157-169.
- S. Waddock, C. Bodewell, and S. Graves, Responsibility: the new business imperative. Academy of Management Executive. 16(2) 2002, pp. 132-148.
- S. Graves and S. Waddock, Beyond built to last: Stakeholder relations in ‘Built to Last’ companies. Business and Society Review. 105(4) 2000, pp. 393-418.
- S. Graves, D. Murphy, and J. Ringuest, Acceptance sampling and reliability: The tradeoff between component quality and redundancy, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 38, 2000, pp. 79-91.
- J. Ringuest, S. Graves, and R. Case, Conditional stochastic dominance in R&D portfolio selection, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 47(4) 2000 pp. 478-484.
- J. Ringuest and S. Graves, A sampling-based method for generating nondominated solutions in stochastic MOMP problems. European Journal of Operational Research, 126(3) 2000, pp. 651-661.
- S. Graves, D. Murphy and J. Ringuest, Acceptance sampling vs. redundancy as alternative means to achieving goals for system reliability. International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, 16(4) 1999, pp. 362-370.
- S. Waddock and S. Graves, The corporate social performance-financial performance link. Strategic Management Journal. 18(4) 1997, pp. 303-319 279 (Winner of 1997 Moskowitz Prize)
- Models and Methods for Project Selection: Concepts from Management Science, Finance and Information Technology, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 2003, 193 pages (co-authored with J. Ringuest).