associate professor - operations management department
Ph.D., University of Rochester
M.S., University of Economics, Prague
Professor Jiří Chod’s research interests span Operations Management, Industrial Organization and Corporate Finance. At Boston College, he has been teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in Operations Management, Economics, Mathematics for Management Science, and Analytics for Managers.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS AND AWARDS
- Senior Editor, Production and Operations Management, 2010–Present
- Associate Editor, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 2012–2015
- Associate Editor, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Special Issue on the Interface of Finance, Operations, and Risk Management, 2016
- Chod, J. 2016. “Inventory, Risk Shifting, and Trade Credit." Forthcoming in Management Science.
- Chod, J., and J. Zhou. 2014. "Resource Flexibility and Capital Structure." Management Science 60(3).
- Chod, J., and E. Lyandres. 2011. "Strategic IPOs and Product Market Competition." Journal of Financial Economics 100(1).
- Chod, J., D. Pyke and N. Rudi. 2010. "The Value of Flexibility in Make-to-Order Systems: The Effect of Demand Correlation." Operations Research 58(4).
- Chod, J., N. Rudi and J.A. Van Mieghem. 2010. "Operational Flexibility and Financial Hedging: Substitutes or Complements?" Management Science 56(6).
- Chod, J. and N. Rudi. 2006. "Strategic Investments, Trading and Pricing under Forecast Updating." Management Science 52(12).
- Chod, J. and N. Rudi. 2005. "Resource Flexibility with Responsive Pricing." Operations Research 53(3).