Digital Innovation Workshop 2017
The Boston College Carroll School of Management Digital Innovation Workshop brings together cutting edge researchers for a series of short presentations and discussions about early stage research. We focus on high-quality interaction at a lively pace.
Digital Innovation Workshop 2017 Details:
Date: May 5, 2017
Boston College, Carroll School of Management, Fulton Hall (http://map.bc.edu/). Signs will be in the building entrances to direct you to the Lynch Center on the 5th floor.
- Breakfast: Coffee, tea and continental breakfast will be available at 9:00 outside the workshop room.
- Lunch: We'll have lunch in the workshop area.
- Dinner: At the Boston College Club downtown at 100 Federal Street, Boston, MA 02110 (http://www.bostoncollegeclub.com). Club dress code is business casual. The club has your name for access.
- Driving: If you are driving to BC, please park in visitor parking which is located in the garage on Beacon St. near Alumni Stadium. A general link to BC parking information is here: (/offices/transportation/visitor.html). We will have parking passes available at the workshop after you arrive. Take a ticket when you arrive; the pass isn't needed until you leave the garage.
- Drop off: If you are being dropped off by a taxi or ride share, please have them use the entrance off of Beacon Street. The street address of 245 Beacon Street works well for directions.
- From hotel to BC: If you'd like to travel together to BC, please meet in the hotel lobby at 8:30. BC is about 3 miles away and takes about 20 minutes at that time of day.
- From BC to dinner: We will arrange taxi/rides; Ben will collect details when you arrive at the workshop.
- From dinner to hotel: We will arrange taxi/rides; Ben will collect details when you arrive at the workshop.
Each presenter is scheduled for 25 minutes including Q&A time. We ask that you take advantage of the small, excellent group and keep things interactive. We have a computer, A/V, and remote-- either bring a USB or you can plug in your computer if you like. Please let us know if you have any other A/V needs.
We're still gathering responses, but so far we have Callen Anthony (BC), Sulin Ba (UConn), Alex Bleier (BC), Burcu Bulgurcu (BC), Brian Butler (Maryland), Christian Catalini (MIT), Len Evenchik (BC), Rob Fichman (BC), Chris Forman (Cornell), Shane Greenstein (HBS), Terri Griffith (Santa Clara), Tingliang Huang (BC), Jerry Kane (BC), Marios Kokkodis (BC), Ted Lappas (Stevens), Allen Li (BC), Arvind Malhotra (UNC), Paul Michelman (MIT-SMR), Shannon Provost (BC), Sam Ransbotham (BC), Ching Ren (Minnesota), Chris Riedl (Northeastern), Nachiketa Sahoo (BU), Jesse Shore (BU), Monic Sun (BU), Catherine Tucker (MIT), George Westerman (MIT), Lynn Wu (Wharton), George Wyner (BC) and Xuan Ye (NYU).
Instructions are available at the workshop and here (/offices/help/getstarted/network/wireless.html)
If we can help with anything, please contact Ben Horton (firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-552-2331).
|9:00-9:30||Coffee and Gathering|
|9:45-10:10||Ching Ren (Minn)|
|10:15-10:40||Arvind Malhotra (UNC)|
|10:45-11:10||Christian Catalini (MIT)|
|11:30-11:55||Chris Forman (Cornell)|
|12:00-12:25||Lynn Wu (Wharton)|
|1:00-1:15||Paul Michelman (MIT SMR)|
|1:15-1:45||MIT SMR Frontiers Discussion|
|2:00-2:25||Nachiketa Sahoo (BU)|
|2:30-2:55||Brian Butler (Maryland)|
|3:15-3:40||Catherine Tucker (MIT)|
|3:45-4:10||Sulin Ba (UConn)|
|4:15-4:40||George Westerman (MIT IDE)|
|6:00||Dinner (At BC Club)|